Performance online

-

340Dust-her

Reaction score
Their service sucks indefinitely. I ordered $1200 worth of stuff and still haven't recieved the majority of it. It's been over a month and I've callen about 5 times and each of those times I was assured to get it before the end of the week. I called today and there's a order for 3 people and my name was not on the list. They checked my order # and found it and have yet to send the part out. "supposidly" it will be sent out tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. Just throwing this as a heads up for those who may consider ordering from them. I will not, ever again.

I think it important to add to the above testimonial.

I purchased a power booster with master cylinder for my '74 Swinger. I specifically called their tech support before placing the order to confirm the two different part numbers that distinguishes the master cylinder for disk brakes and for all drums.

They shipped the wrong master cylinder. My mechanic said so and contacted them. They swore up and down that it was right and to install it because he (my mechanic) was over thinking it. By this point three weeks had passed. It took him that long to come to that conclusion. He installed it and of coursed it overpowered the drums, warping them and they were on their last turn. Again he tried to contact them, and they refused to work with him since he wasn't the "customer." Now we are a month since the original shipment and it took me a solid week to talk to someone. They were going to ship the correct master cylinder. Another week goes by, (for those who are counting we are up to 6 weeks after the original order) and we still hadn't received the correct master cylinder. I tried contacting and couldn't reach anyone - it was a pass the buck game. I filled out their customer feedback form they have on line and I wrote the President, Jim Chadick. Nothing....

Then I disputed the charge on my Discover account and purchased the correct power booster kit from another company. It took me another 2 weeks to find drum brakes. I waited to hear from them and/or Discover as what to do with the kit from hell. POL reported back to Discover that they had shipped a second booster to replace the first defective booster, in "good faith" and that I never sent back the first. Sheeeesh :wack:The proof of delivery clearly states that the first package was 20lbs and the second was 7lbs. It never was defective but part of the kit was wrong. They refused to acknowledge it was wrong and offended my mechanic who finally installed it.

Their misrepresentation of the part damaged my vehicle. That whole process continued for 6 weeks, trying to contact them, giving them the benefit of the doubt and trying to get them to make it right. Not only did they not make it right... they damaged my car... and reversed the charges on my credit card with an outright lie! (btw the correct master cylinder was received AFTER I disputed the charges)

Today, I will be on a phone conference with Discover Card Services and hopefully POL. (although I won't hold my breath) I don't want their crappy product and I am going to try my best not to pay return shipping and I'm sure as he%% not going to be slapped with restocking fees!
:mumum:

Bottom line - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH PERFORMANCE ONLINE / Jim Chadick

Thanks for this. I was just looking at their disc brake kit.

-
Back