Perry Mason

-

goldfish65

Reaction score
Just saying, a while back I started watching all the old Perry Mason dvd's, from the library. It ran from around '57 til '64 so the cars are cool even though not too many Mopars. They made so many episodes, I still have not seen them all.

I don't really like what's on TV today. I like seeing what life was like back then. When everybody smoked, wore hats, didn't cuss, and had their telephone number listed in the phone book.

Restaurants were all decorated different, there were no chains. Stuff like that. Mostly the cars though.

I still watch the old Perry Mason stuff. Never did care much for Ironsides

When I can't sleep, I watch "The Naked City" late Sunday nights. Great stuff

I remember all those shows.
I watched Car 54 where are you back then, and remember when The wizard of Oz was in black and white.

Awesome stuff. We have "COZI TV" on one local station. They show similar stuff all the time.

My wife has every season up to eight I think. She watches them constantly, even the kids have favorite episodes :)

i have no use for any current/network tv shows. i do watch history, scifi, pawn stars, velocity, nat. geo. and a few others. however, i am into retro tv most of the time. comcast in pittsburgh has a network called "METV" - "memorable entertainment" tv. it's SOLID entertainment. 10am is perry mason, then ironside, then hawaii 50, then gunsmoke, then bonanza, then big valley, then dragnet, then adam 12 with emergency being the 5-6pm block. from 6-7 is the rifleman. as i am semi-retired, i watch these shows almost every day. here's something cool. i watch dragnet and adam 12 with a digital camara because those show were done 68-70 and there's LOTS of original old muscle cars and mopars in the various scenes. a few days ago the adam 12 cops busted an auto theft ring and in the garage was a "brand new" red 70 challenger and a "brand new" 70 shelby 350 mustang. several weeks ago they stopped a guy in a red 67 fastback barracuda for running a stop sign. just watching all the old cars going past the camara brings back lots of great memories when all the cars we now miss were just cars people were driving to the store.

Love Perry Mason and when I get a chance really enjoy watching it with my oldest daughter. Don't get to do it much, but she loves it as well. Love the old shows with the cool cars from yesteryear.

yes,but we all know there was many plenty cool mopars back then,...some baaaad mopars...j

We have what they call MeTV and I watch it to see Perry Mason, Iron Side, Hawaii 50, and the old detective show (the guy thats drives the firebird) and other shows I can't think of this morning

I love watching old TV shows. The cars are great but I am hooked on Green Acres. I didn't realize as a kid how truly hilarious that show is.

I was happy when my local cable provider added "METV" which broadcasts all the old shows. They even show the old Batman series!

We've been watching a lot of those show along with Highway Patrol with Brodrick Crowford
Lots of mid 50's cars Mopars, GM & Ford products.

-
Back