Pertronix HEI module D72000

-
Thats a nice new twist on an old design (4 pin) i'd be real interested to see some reviews on it.

In my case adjusting its pot would be a little tough since my HEI 4 pin is mounted to my distributor with the www.designed2drive.com bracket.

Yep - just installed one in my car; I did the HEI conversion this winter as a proof-of-concept, then bought this ign control module and new coil. It works great, and as advertised. I couldn't find any good documentation on this specific 4 pin module on their site, so I had to email them for the info. It is identical to any other Flamethrower 3 setup on their site. Rev limit works great!

Thats a nice new twist on an old design (4 pin) i'd be real interested to see some reviews on it.

In my case adjusting its pot would be a little tough since my HEI 4 pin is mounted to my distributor with the www.designed2drive.com bracket.

You only need a 9V battery to set the rev limit - you can do it outside of the car before you install it. Once it's set, power can be pulled from the module and it will retain the limit.

I may have to save my pennies after i get up and running and invest in one of those. I can keep the aftermarket napa echlin one in the glovebox as a spare.

Anybody are using that module in their HEI conversion. I like the rev limiter feature.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/pnx-d72000/overview/

Personally I would prefer the FBO box over that, if I had basically stock Mopar wiring and wanted to leave it.
FBO's are made in the USA and supported by a winning racer named Don Gould.
www.4secondsflat.com

"HRR688 Ignition Box and Coil Kit and you'll get a J685 Limiter Plate Included at No Charge"

Both For $199.00

And those are great too, but i dont have or want to run a mopar electronic harness, and dont want to mount a big honkin module on my inner fender.

And those are great too, but i dont have or want to run a mopar electronic harness, and dont want to mount a big honkin module on my inner fender.

Same here. :D
I'd bet I took 20 feet or more wire out when I did my HEI conversion.
The FBO box is only about the size of an electronic regulator though.

Personally I would prefer the FBO box over that, if I had basically stock Mopar wiring and wanted to leave it.
FBO's are made in the USA and supported by a winning racer named Don Gould.
www.4secondsflat.com

"HRR688 Ignition Box and Coil Kit and you'll get a J685 Limiter Plate Included at No Charge"

Both For $199.00

I want to run an E-coil... compatible with those?

I do like the FBO advance curve discs too. Those are nice. All being said, so far my setup is a stock rebuilt mopar electronic dizzy, with a pertronix ignitor lll coil, a designed2drive hei mount plate, accel cap n rotor, mr gasket advance spring kit, and a napa echlin hei module. I will prob buy the FBO advance disc kit, and the pertronix hei module. Will have to use a custom super stubby screwdriver and a mirror to tune it since the designed2drive bracket mounts the module upside down.

I do like the FBO advance curve discs too. Those are nice. All being said, so far my setup is a stock rebuilt mopar electronic dizzy, with a pertronix ignitor lll coil, a designed2drive hei mount plate, accel cap n rotor, mr gasket advance spring kit, and a napa echlin hei module. I will prob buy the FBO advance disc kit, and the pertronix hei module. Will have to use a custom super stubby screwdriver and a mirror to tune it since the designed2drive bracket mounts the module upside down.
Like I said, the screw pot is only for setting rev limit; you can do this before you even install it in the car utilizing a 9V battery per pertronix instructions.

I want to run an E-coil... compatible with those?
With the pertronix or with the FBO? The answer is yes to both, but the Pertronix requires a coil with primary resistance less than 1ohm if you want to benefit from the multi-spark.

I'm using the ACCEL 140024 Remote Mount Super Coil

Oh, from the pix, i'm thinking its the size of the original box.

About half the size, ,maybe a little over.
Not much if any longer than the standard distributor cap is wide.

HRR688K.jpg

That should work out well.
I run the 8 pin weatherpack sealed HEI with the matching E core coil over where the brake booster bracket to the fender is, stock electronic distributor with the stock cap, MO3000 Napa .030 longer rotor, limit plate, Mr Gasket curve springs, and 8mm wires, NGK plugs.

washer2.jpg

-
Back