Petty People,....Ode to the King...

-
Richard Petty is a king on and off the track. When NASCAR was good after practice on Saturday he would be one only two or three to meet fans and sigh autographs the other was Davey Allison. Both are great men.

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

Last August my wife and i did RPDE at California Speedway, what a blast, driving one of those isnt even what i thought it would be like. Staying in the groove and 3 car lengths behind your instructor is WORK, and trying to stay in the groove in a corner is a workout.

I cant imagine 500 miles and 42 other cars out there, i was exahusted after 20 laps.

I had the Kings Experience, 20 laps by myself and Carly had a Ride a Long. It was 95 degrees in Ontario that day and baking hot inside the cars. They video your drive, but i guess the machines die at 150 degrees.

Her first video didnt work, and her second video didnt work, so they got a car out of the garage and tried it.

The came around on the first lap, and you could tell they were screaming, pass the start finish line and go around turn 1 and 2 and you can hear the car get into the rev limiter, the guy i was standing with said they are set at 7500 rpm, 180mph with the car set up. LUCKY, i only went 156mph, with a average of 136mph, I didnt trust the car at first.

I would love to see a road course prepped NASCAR car, and a Pro Stock car in a drag race, those things are really quick off the line

I totally get NASCAR now, its more than turning left and going fast. They had a half of deal going at Christmas, we go on a cruise every October out of Florida.

On October 26 its 16 laps at DAYTONA baby, WOO HOOOO

more pics and videos on my facebook page

steve brogren

I only have 2 rooms in my home without some kind of Petty stuff in it . Anyone know where I can get Petty enterprise Toilet paper dispensers ?

Wow!! 6pak2go C, I hope you have yours framed also:blob: Sweet!!
sounds and looks like he was and still is a great fan supporter .
A tuff act to fallow fir sure, on the track and off. :glasses7:

Petty is a helluva nice guy. Unlike Carroll Shelby who was a effing dickhead.

I am lucky enough to have one of the Kings ( Charlie Onehorse) cowboy hats. I was at a race at Pocono many many years ago, and being a Petty fan club member, we were all invited to an infield birthday party for the king, and they raffled off some very cool items, and I won his cowboy hat. I'v had it ever sense in my vast collection of petty stuff, along with numurous signed items, including a book about him from the seventies. I lost count of how many peices of Petty die cast I have.

When they switched to PHORD i give up!!!!!!!!!!! just saying

Same here,...Was not planning to go on my annual pilgrimage to Dover for 2013, cause Dodge ain't gonna be there,...

Then my cuz paid for my tickets trhis year,...What to do...

-
Back