Pick Up Truck Forum?

Should I Open a Truck Site?

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I Cant wait to join!

Votes: 141 54.0%
  • I dont know - Dont Care

Votes: 84 32.2%
  • Absolutely not. Too many truck forums already.

Votes: 36 13.8%

• Total voters
-
Ok, since we're talking trucks - I have a 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 and it regularly does what I call "the funky chicken" on the highway. The front end shakes violently and goes completely out of control. All I can do to stop it is hit the brakes. I researched online and apparently this is a pretty common problem and is referred to also as "the death shake". Although it's a common problem there doesn't seem to be any real solution. I've changed the stabilizer many times and the shake seems to dissapear for a while then comes back. I got new tires and it had no effect. They have been rotated, balanced, and aligned.
Anyone else out there with a dodge truck that they love dearly but are getting so frustrated with they are thinking about getting a ffff...ford?
Input appreciated as always!!
check your track arm out . my 98 did the same thing .

I've been contemplating, should I open a site dedicated to trucks? Pick-ups and SUVs. American Brand trucks of course...

What do you think? Your input is appreciated.

I have 4 trucks and always find parts in yards cheap , with no way to unload them . I'd be in .

check your track arm out . my 98 did the same thing .

I had 2 ram 1500 4x4's (both were 97's).....both had the "death wobble" , one had a bad gear box and the other had a bad wheel bearing....very common problem in those trucks.

As an owner of a 98 Intense Blue Club Cab Dakota R/T (1 of 135) with a Shaker hood that I use to tow stuff with, I wholeheartedly endorse a truck section !!
I guess a good number of us have a truck!!

Good with me...I have 3. Daily duty, plow truck and classic. I would probably be on that site daily...It would be the only other site that I would check daily other than FABO.

Please please please, I was just thinking about making a suggestion of this because you do such an excellent job on this one and other ones are just crap compared to this forum. I just recently bought a 68 dodge d100 that I have questions about and need parts for. Extremely excited!!! :hello1:

heck yes a truck forum would be great!!! even if it was strictly dodges that would be awesome!!! have 3: a 99' dakota, 79 D50, and an 85 D50 can't wait for this forum! and a t-shirt hahaha

Well let me think about it.
I have a 1970 Ford F-250
1971 Ford F-250
1973 Ford F-150 (parts truck) w/360V8 going in 1971 truck
1978 and 1979 Ford F-250 parts trucks.
1965 Chevrolet C20 that is going on my 1997 Suburban 4WD frame.
1986 Ford F-150 with 300 6 cylinder.
1972 Gremlin on CJ5 frame w/buick 350 V8
And I want to buy a Dodge Ram 2500 w/cummins....
I would join even if it was dodge only....
TXDart

I'm in...
Given the amount of interest (read 1.7k views) on the thread,
There will be excellent info & interaction me thinks!!

As for Myself, My d/d is a D-50 (4G6x, carbed, Sohc 12 valve),
390k on the odo.
Last "truck project" was a '50 , a 5 window with a flatty...
put a 8 3/4 rag wheel 3.23 under it so I could cruise at 60 mph.

In between I maintain an eclectic fleet of 38 units...
6BT's, ISB's ISB 2's, 7.3& 6.0L Powerstrokes, 8.1,5.7,4.8,4.3L GM's ,
Some --- laugh my *** off--- 5 cyl Sprinter dorfcedes rabbit turds...
And the occasional over hyped useless pos 904 dorfcedes.

Sorry for the rant, B.O.T. , where do I join maan??

P.s., lmao, I forgot about the 7.3 IDI " cornbinders", lmao.

I would love to talk about my trucks..

Attachments

• power wagon.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 244
  • Macho Power Wagon.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 252
Remember this, Real truck don,t have sparkplugs. And If it don't smoke black take it back. If it don't Rattle it can't do Battle. If it uses gas it won't last.

it would bee cool!

Attachments

• trailduster 006.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 204
  • mike bee 067.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 178
Hurry up already. My truck is almost done. :bounce:

Attachments

• Paint15.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 138
That would be great Joey. I belong to a couple of other dodge truck sites and they do not even compare to this type of forum. Very little traffic there. I know many members here have dodge trucks and would be for it. Here is mine. I am painting the bed as I type this.

no diss to the ford or chevy fans... I support ALL Detroit Iron.

View attachment 232638

F'me runnin that's a proper build...

My daughter said:
Pops it just dawned on Me, Ford perfected mass production, GM has the glitter, but CHRYSLER has the engineers. Damn pops just look at that!!

Just joined registered as TXTruck.....OH, Man I will never sleep now between FABO and FTO (is that right)....
TXDart
TXTruck

-
Back