PICS witch control arms would you use

-

chubsgts

Reaction score
i have two sets one from my car 68 drum break
and the other came with my disc breaks

the drum break ones are fine just not sure why they have a separate metal sleeve on them

other set has the ledge welded from factory on drivers side witch i cannot fig out the purpose of and no one else can seem to answer it ether they say maybe bracing on early models also has a different style bushing sleeve area there fixed into control arms vs my other set that only has one on each control arm i know the bushing just slide thru them and all that im not asking for install advice im asking witch would be the better choice before they go to powder coat

the one pic with them stacked shows the lower one being the factory drum break one with one external metal sleeve on right out side on bushing inside control arm
the top one is the one that came with disc breaks with fixed sleeves

any one have any good input i dont know any thing about this style control arm

thanks

Attachments

• dart 044.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 179
  • dart 027.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 172
Man those are crusty. Too bad I didn't see this before as I would have tossed in a pair of better looking arm with the dust shield.

The extra sleeve was found on some cars. I'm not sure what the deal is. I was very likely the first to tear into the front suspension on my 68 GTS back in 1986 (the car had 70-something thousand miles when we bought it in 1983) and it didn't have any extra sleeves to deal with.

-
Back