Picture Please

-

grassy

Reaction score
Hi,
Could someone please post a picture to here or my e-mail address.. [email protected] ..of a late model lower control arm or an url of one on a web site specifically showing the sway bar mount.

Thanks
Grassy

Scampman..

Thank-you for your response. I need a bit more help.

Which connection would be the sway bar connection.

1071447550_i6hN3-XL.jpg

Cold and rainy..hope we get less than 350 treaters this year..we are putting out he treats we like to the end :) :) :)

Grassy

Thank..now I just need a but better picture that shows both sides so I can have a welder put a set on..I just bought a pre '73 :( My luck but they look in great shape soI will take them to a local welder.

Thanks
Ian.

Scampman..

Thank-you for your response. I need a bit more help.

Which connection would be the sway bar connection.

1071447550_i6hN3-XL.jpg

Cold and rainy..hope we get less than 350 treaters this year..we are putting out he treats we like to the end :) :) :)

Grassy

"a" is for the bottom of the shock. even just a peice of angle iron will work

Looks like you have got it under control, I'm glad that picture helped. All I did was go to google and type in lower control arm dodge dart and click on the images link in the top left corner and it came up pages of pictures. It works grate for lots of needful pictures.

Thank-you all..

Not sure if I should resell these and look for another set..

I have time..wish I had a set of of exact dimensions.

cheers
ian.

the position is really not that critical, the sway bar end links can take up small variances on where you weld them in. I would install the lower control arms and the sway bar to the frame mounts. then install the end links. With the car siting in its natural position, then Position the lower control arm mounts so that the sway bar end links sit straight up and down. the welder that you are going to use would easily set that up for you and weld them in. Even the angle iron that was suggested would work just fin, just ask any welder.

A heads-up for you:

The '72 and earlier sway bar is wider than the '73 and later. The LCA mounts are in a different place. This is my '72, but it has a '73 K member and anti-sway bar. Notice where the sway bar mounts.

frontsuspension13.jpg

Here is the proper '72 and earlier arrangement.

72antiswaybar.jpg

folks,

I paid a penalty (my idea)and was able to return to seller. My thanks.

-
Back