Picture posting practice

-

74duster

Reaction score
Just trying to see if I can post a pic.

summer 2007 082.jpg

Looks like it worked.... lets see some more of that clean Duster.... Is the stripe original ????

Nice Duster.

I used to own a 74' Duster....should have never sold it :angry7:

Thanks for the comments, it's pretty cool hearing that other people like my car(s)! And yeah the lack of snow makes those pics even nicer:-D
Yesterday, I was pulling the six cyl out of it, and had to put the nose in the garage and close the overhead halfway just to get a little warm air.(The scamp is taking up most of the garage space right now)

PDR_0301.jpg

Looks like it worked.... lets see some more of that clean Duster.... Is the stripe original ????
I don't know much about that stripe. It was on the car when I bought it, if anybody knows whether its available or not, I would like to know. If I use the same color when I repaint, I'll want the same stripe again.

I think I remember the driveway too.
Hey, hadahemi! That picture must have been after the fireball came out of the blue car, cause it looks like you are trying to find a little shelter there for your little one. That was a fun day wasn't it.

Here are a couple photos of my car. I've owned it since 1979 and the paint is 21 years old. I've run a best of 8.79 at 86 mph in 1/8th. 1.95 60 ft. in street trim driven 80 miles to the track. I'll find a photo of the motor and post it later.

North Bay 2007.jpg

Elliot Lake 2007.jpg

Love seein two Mopars on the line at the strip.

74, If I recall, I was down on one knee tellin my little daughter why a 440 in an A body is such a good thing. I'm not sure she could hear me over the rumble though...the good part is that she wasn't scared of it.

Here is the most recent photo of the motor. Plans for this year are install an RPM Air Gap intake, and ditch the nitros since I don't use it anymore. I already have the water pump by pass hose covered in braided stainless, and a chrome alternator added since this photo was taken.

scamp motor.jpg

Looks good! How about a couple pics of the interior? I've always liked white interiors, but I don't remember ever having one.

This was the only photo I could find that I have on my computer of the interior. I got the seats out of a 74 Dart Sport. I had to strip the upostery off of the frames and put it onto the Scamp frames for the rear seat. I then dyed the door panels and head liner white. I used the armrests and sun visors from the Dart, and bought a new black carpet. I did this in 1986, the armrest bolts onto the door panel and if I didn't tell you that the panel was painted, you would never know the difference. The original color of the car is brown with a gold top, (which I dyed black in 1980) and the interior was gold as well.

scamp1.jpg

I don't know much about that stripe. It was on the car when I bought it, if anybody knows whether its available or not, I would like to know. If I use the same color when I repaint, I'll want the same stripe again.

The stipe looks like it could be a 73 Barracuda stripe almost to me.

Dan!

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing memike. I've seen several barracudas with that stripe but only one other duster with it. I was unable to talk to the owner of that duster, so I couldn't find out what he knew about it.:dontknow:

-
Back