Picture resizing

-
I've been using MsPaint. I'm hoping somebody here has some quick way to resize a whole bunch of pictures...

i just go the folder that i have them saved in and click on edit..then size them to what they need to be and save..but for some reason now i cant do that and now i use photobucket..and edit them there and copy and paste..hope this help mike:D:D

anyone know how to resize photos so you can download them here?

It all depends on WHAT SOFTWARE you have loaded on your computer. Microshit Paint WILL do so, but it's a little clumsy. Lots and LOTS of photo software available
WHAT CAME WITH your camera? In many cases that software works well.

I use GIMP, which you can download for free, and run it on either Microshit or LInux systems. It's pretty full featured.

If you look around the www there are many little fee progams to resize photos, some better, some not, some nagware and adware.

The BASIC things everybody needs with photos is how to crop, how to resize, how to brighten or darken, and how to change contrast and color depth

A great many of mine are only cropped and resized

My PC at home and work open *.jpg files with Microsoft Office Picture Manager. I think it's free but might have to buy Office. You then click "Edit" and can Crop or Compress w/ buttons on right.

free program and very easy to use.

first go here and download the free program.. http://www.irfanview.com/

this is for doing a single picture at a time.. you can do an entire folder with this program also. i'll get to that later..lol

1) open the program
2) drag the pic you want to resize into the window of infanview. it will look like this..

resize1.gif

3) at the top of the page click on image. then goto resize/resample.

resize2.gif

4) then when the window opens make sure everything looks like it does where my yellow arrows are. you can actually put any number in the "set new size" section and play with different size pics. but 640x480 is a good internet size.

resize3.gif

5) click save and pick a place you want to save it.. and your done.. :)

to resize an entire folder

ok to do an entire folder of pics at one time. its fast as hell too...

1) open infan view program.

2) click on "file" at the top of the page, then on "batch conversion/rename.."

batchresize1.gif

3) click the "look in" drop down menu and find the folder witht he pics you want to resize.

batchresize2.gif

4) click on the folder and open it. (you'll see all the pics in th efolder in that lil window) click on add all (circled in blue).

5) click browse ( red arrow) and find where you want to put the pictures. i usually put a cropped folder inside the original folder to keep everything separate.

6) click on advanced (green arrow)

batchresize3.gif

7) after you hit on advanced make sure everything looks like this.. where it says "set new size" (black arrow) just put the size pic you want there. make sure "overwrite existing files" is NOT checked (circled in green).

batchresize4-1.gif

8) hit OK. then start batch and it will resize the pics and put them in the folder you selected.. :)

I use Imageshack.

1. Just select the photo to upload.

2. Select "message board" size.

3. Submit.

It gives you the pic which you can save for later use and also provides a forum code link.

Some forums require the link and do not allow the uploading of the actual photo even if it's the correct size.

I set my camera for 3.1 MP or less then they load right up here and you can skip all the resizing. I know it will not help you for the ones you took all ready but will for pics you take later on down the road.

Abodyjoe had it right, Infranview Rocks !

Good for resizing, cropping, adjusting the coloring or lighting, contrast, etc, can view pics as a slideshow, lots of cool stuff. Its a free download, just google it.

Another good batch resizer is the one from obvious solutions.
Very easy to use, configurable, and the shareware version only makes you wait about 3 seconds to start using.

One nice thing about the Microsoft image resizer is the ability to batch resize, I take pics from my digital camera and tranfer them to a folder in my computer, and using this tool I can resize the whole batch If I want.
It also relabels the new copy for ID purposes for you. example: DSC0019 (small) or (medium) etc. Fast and easy.

If your program doesnt do it for you, make sure to label the copy differently from the original. Example: DSC0019 (small) or, DSC0019B etc.

Hope this helps,

Alan

Mine is configured to automatically add "1024" to the image name.
You can also tell it where to put the new pictures (same folder, different folder, etc).
I've ben very happy with it. About 5 min to setup and then even easier to use.

One nice thing about the Microsoft image resizer is the ability to batch resize, I take pics from my digital camera and tranfer them to a folder in my computer, and using this tool I can resize the whole batch If I want.
It also relabels the new copy for ID purposes for you. example: DSC0019 (small) or (medium) etc. Fast and easy.

If your program doesnt do it for you, make sure to label the copy differently from the original. Example: DSC0019 (small) or, DSC0019B etc.

Hope this helps,

Alan

i just put a cropped folder in the original folder to keep them all separate. its a lot less cluttered then having the same pic in different sizes side by side.

Whatever works best for ya.. I sure do love how it will resize a whole batch in minutes.. especially handy for forums that won't accept full size uploads.
I love being able to Select All-Resize to whatever of the 3 choices I need.
Ain't technology wonderful.. when it actually works that is.

-
Back