pitman arm nut

-

slantscamp

Reaction score
hey guys. i was going to change my pitman arm. but the nut is pretty big. my biggest socket is 1 1/4" but it was bigger than that. does anyone know the size of the nut so i dont buy the wrong size socket. its for my 75 scamp if that makes a different. thanks!

Sorry, I don't know the size off the top of my head but what are those nuts called? It is totally escaping me. Is it somethig like crown nuts or castle nuts? I know it has something to do with a castle or royalty damn it! ;-)

well this one is the nut that bolts the pitman arm to the steering box. i think its a crown nut. and the castle nut would be the smaller one that goes to the centerlink. those get a cotter pin. correct? they look like a little castle with the notches in it.

Its something like 1-5/16. I just went threw the same problem. Had to barrow a 1" drive socket from my father.

yes it is a 1 5/16". you will also need a pitman puller unless you already got one.

thanks guys. i have the puller to rake it off. i will just need to stop by the store and buy a socket. oh. one more question. what should i torque it down to when i put it back together? thanks.

-
Back