Planning the Build

-

Dan the man

Reaction score
I started reading RustyRatRod's guide to hotrod bliss. I'm finding it very informative. He states a lot of good points. I think that this write up was mentioned to me awhile back already. I think that it's like 14 pages but I don't care about that. I really really believe that I was totally over thinking the build I was talking about. abodyjoe is in the process of a awesome build. RustyRatRod I hope that you read this I know that you have me on Ignore but I hope that one day you can forgive me for my ignorance and rude attitude. I apologize for my behavior. Anyway I'm going to enjoy the reading.

gotta work hard to not get along with rusty,..he just a good ol' southern boy that try's to help every body, type that would give a stranger the shirt of his back!! when planning a build total combination that works together is the key to a good engine, and a good car! on cams and carbs most time less is more!! and if it cost to much to do it right first time, then you really cant afford to do it 2 times in a row! 275 hp with right cam, converter and gear will be tons of fun when 550 hp with wrong cam, converter and gear cant pull a sick ***** off a commode.....DWB

Caint we all just get along?

daniel, have you just returned from an ayahuasca retreat? your new found enlightenment is refreshing!

Dan,
Seriously ? You're just now discovering Rustys bliss thread ?

Not to diss you but . . . Screaming deals are long gone. I looked for over 20 years and found a car I could drive home with a V8 (mandatory) 318 with cam, manifold and 4 barrel no A/C (Desert) a bit rough interior and paint and loved it in 2017 .
After dropping/sucking a valve while leaning it too hard I found fre

Dan,
Seriously ? You're just now discovering Rustys bliss thread ?

Not to diss you but . . . Screaming deals are long gone. I looked for over 20 years and found a car I could drive home with a V8 (mandatory) 318 with cam, manifold and 4 barrel no A/C (Desert) a bit rough interior and paint and loved it in 2017 .
After dropping/sucking a valve while leaning it too hard I found fre
273 fresh heads from friend cheap. Install did not go well (long story) so found a 340 from a member here. When running it should be fun.

It really is the journey and unless you have funds ready when you find the perfect car, a better scenario is find something you can live with and start with the basics.

364.jpeg

359.jpeg

273 fresh heads from friend cheap. Install did not go well (long story) so found a 340 from a member here. When running it should be fun.

It really is the journey and unless you have funds ready when you find the perfect car, a better scenario is find something you can live with and start with the basics.

View attachment 1716227062

View attachment 1716227063
Unfortunately it's 2024 and 340 just about in with 904 pushbutton overhaul, 3000 stall, tires bought over a year ago.
Can hardly wait to roll in and throttle up. Will 7 1/4 hold up ? Not likely especially with my record. Until an 8 3/4 comes up for the right price or the Lottery pays I hope to run it and let the chips fall wherever.

Best of luck in your endeavors but please get started/going.

I plan to read RRR's Guide To Hotrod Bliss after my self inflicted brutal version of Hotrod Bliss. Maybe a future collaboration.

How far off in the future is this build? Are u starting with a motor then gonna buy every other single part separately till u have enough parts to build a car? Kim

How far off in the future is this build? Are u starting with a motor then gonna buy every other single part separately till u have enough parts to build a car? Kim
I'll have to look into my crystal ball, oh yeah it's almost here.

I know you are joking with Dan, but I have bought all kinds of stuff for cars I didnt yet own.

I'm so upside down that now it's all about get it moving and enjoy it and hopefully rearend holds ' til affordability on that end. It good with a sal

Ready to start selling chit to finance, fudge it.
Might make

He said it`s almost here, making it`s way across the states now. I can`t wait to see what he got , how about you?:)
bah gawd if that happens i'll eat my hat!

what's the current betting line?

anyway, he's too cheap to ship something. so it's gonna be some lump of **** that he scooped up from a local corner lot/flipper and you just know that she's a full on Monet.

bah gawd if that happens i'll eat my hat!

what's the current betting line?

anyway, he's too cheap to ship something. so it's gonna be some lump of **** that he scooped up from a local corner lot/flipper and you just know that she's a full on Monet.
The world is full of surprises

-
Back