Please Help I.D. This Air Breather

-

longarm

Car sold back to original owners
Reaction score
Can anyone i.d this breather?
I've researched with no luck, what was it used on?
Thanks,
Longarm

car parts 053.jpg

car parts 054.jpg

car parts 055.jpg

car parts 056.jpg

Looks like a 70-71 340 air cleaner but I think they had flaps on the underside that opened up with vacuum.

Offhand I don't know what it's off of. But I tell you what with that dust and such it can't be worth more than $5. So I'll give ya $10 as I'm feeling really generous.
1087.gif
But if it's sentimental that's ok though.

sorry I'm no help

I`m thinking 72 smallblock 340-360hp ???? Just a guess by the part numbers shown and the configuration of the back of the base.

I believe 72 was a single snorkel. :scratch: Still thinkin..

Well You can rule this one out, My 440 truck breather I was told.:dontknow:

FABO rear 006.jpg

FABO rear 010.jpg

FABO rear 011.jpg

FABO rear 012.jpg

Must be an wierd piece as i've searched the
net with no luck.
Every thing I find has a vaccum operated door
or a heat riser tube.

it is odd that it is 2 different colors??? a mismatched set maybe? the black half w/ the stickers. this seems to lead me to belive that this is from a police car. the lack of a cold air flap in the snouts also make me think so.......

I'm leaning toward police car, doesn't look like 71, 72, or 73 styles and 74 up had more emissions stuff.
Lids can interchange on the base of most of these years with 4 bbl

it is a 1970 383 440 base from a cop car. the stickers are a give away it is for a cop car to me. warning about the proper thermostat to use to prevent over heating. i do belive the top is generic it is mismatched and does not go with it. here is a link to a picture of a regular car w/ emissions http://www.nicksgarage.com/aircleaner/70_383ds_08.jpg

what do you think?

I also looked a Nicks Garage in my search.
Is there a cop car site I've missed that might
clarify further?
Is the sticker exclusive to a cop car?
This mystery has really got me going.

there are a few but i couldn't really find anything detailed enough to post. i am going on a hunch that i'm right on the cop thing. it just dosen't look like a normal car type thing, sticker and lack of heat flap.

-
Back