Please help identify 69 dart

-

BUCKEYE FAN

Reaction score
464D8C59-0C82-4285-B924-8AA29EA93FB0.jpeg
Hi,

What’s the name of this and where would you buy it from? It’s on a 69 dart, it’s the foam strip on top of the chrome roof rail trim.

I can't even tell from that closeup what I'm looking at, but it might be aftermarket trim. In the 70's--80's when I was in auto parts there were a couple of people marketing glue on aftermarket trim kits. They may or may not have been based on some OEM pattern but they were "universal."

Ok, I’ll post a few better pics tonight after work. It’s a factory piece of trim that goes in the channel under the drip rail. I wanted to replace the foam.

Just did mine. I scraped the foam stuff off and just glued new pieces on. If you need some send me an IM. All I did was cut the foam in strips; prolly not factory but it worked for me. Used it for most of the metal to metal gaskets.

0DCD0B7D-2EB6-4719-9014-F79F45CE50AE.jpeg

View attachment 1715248888 Hi,

What’s the name of this and where would you buy it from? It’s on a 69 dart, it’s the foam strip on top of the chrome roof rail trim.
Detroit Muscle technologies has them. Cheap and exact. If you have ever bought from Detroit Muscle, you will know what I mean when I say their products are the best. Period

I have a big roll of it about 3 " wide..I trimmed it to fit. No idea where I got it. It is a close cell packing material.

Pm me your address and the measurement of hpw much you need.

The stuff I have is white. As was the original on my 68 Fastback IIRC....

This is the gasket in between the drip rail and the Window seal stainless trim. Correct ?

there you go... Not sure why I remember mine as a white material ?? It kinda the same stuff as the axles backing plate gasket.

-
Back