Please post pictures of front suspension!!

-

67Signet

Smoke and chaos stunt coordinator
Reaction score
We are rebuilding the front suspension this weekend on the 73 Duster (Discs brakes) and I do not have Cosmoline so I am wondering what others have done when prepping and painting there front suspensions?
I do not want shades of black and Id like to stick close to being correct but most of all have it look nice.
This car is a daily driver and wont be restored for a year or two, So let me see what you have done!, please post pics showing your work and share what paint you used on what.
This set up have will a new Hellwig sway bar and all new Moog parts and lower control arms have the welded on Mancini strong plates with upgraded torsion bars along with frame connectors from our very own Seymore Scamp!!
thanks for your HELP!!
Bruce B.

With all due respect, if you're going mainly with aftermarket parts why be so concerned about sticking with factory colors? Just curious.

Cudachic

I think maybe you missed a line in my request.
""I do not want shades of black, and Id like to stick close to being correct but most of all have it look nice..""
I am not interested in stock looking on this car but I want or am trying to see a way to break up to much black and I like the look of the Cosmoline lower control arms! and the Hellwig looks so cool the car needs some other color to complement it and
Spice it up a bit basically, and I would go stock but it truly is a daily driver so I need it to handle well so I have a less chance of denting it up in hard braking and being able to avoid trouble as this is a stock slant car and I wont have power on my side and that said its a Mopar so I still want it proud and pretty!
Do you have pics of your Cuda's suspension? and are the control arms coated in cosmoline, painted gold or silver or black?
I hope this gives you an Idea of what i am trying to accomplish.
I wish I had the budget to include your services on this one but my Dart will be pulled out of mothballs as soon as this is done and that car will get some special attention.
thank you
Bruce B.

Building a street/strip car for a friend and he wants the colors of black and gray thru out.

Attachments

• 000_3672.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 324
  • 000_3673.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 307
Blast everything and powder coat it clear then. Spray bomb paint isn't gonna hold up so well for daily driving.

hey bruce. here is a link to my thread i did on my 68 cuda. i painted the lower control arms silver. somethin i like to do to break up the black. i think it looks okay. i just used rattle can paint. duplicolor engine enamel. i would have loved to have leanna powder coat everything but at the time, didnt have the extra funds. i just wanted to get er done and drive it!

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=92816

not an A body ..i like it myself. i wanted to do something different...all parts were blasted and shot with high temp engine paint.

Attachments

• a31.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 263
  • a27.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 271
  • a39.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 269
-
Back