plug wires

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
What wires are you using with out any problems? I have the schumacker headers and I dont want to order wires and not have them work.

Not sure on price but Firecore wires have had awesome reviews from small guys all the way up to top fuel guys. Check them out, Rick is a huge mopar guy and has awesome customer service as well!

I just put a 440 in my 69 Barracuda with Schumacher headers and I put on a set of Jegs brand wires.. multi-angle plug ends, you have to cut them to length and put the dizzy end on but, oh well. I got the black ones, 49.99.. (Don't mess up and get the ones that come with just the HEI ends on the dizzy end... or you'll have to buy additional ends to change them!)

Im using the ones from summit for 85 bucks they look, fit, and work great, well worth the money.

I have Taylor wires on everything own and they work really good and fit great

I just got mine back together...and I'm having all sorts of problems with idle and inconsistent firing...or so it seems...

I don't think I have any vacuum leaks. We've put new springs in the distributor....took the Summit Max coil off and placed the stock coil back on which took care of the break up at 4500 RPMs...

I put a new carb on it...the ONLY thing I've come down to is the plug wires misfiring some how... I put a new set of Taylor wires on it but they are braided...anyone ever use those? Could braided wires cause problems I'm having?

Letting the car cool down right now...and going to put old wires back on...those braided wires sure look good but after all I've been through if it turns out to be them I'll be glad throw them away...

FRUSTRATED.

Ok Boys and Girls, today's lesson in Hot Rodding.... BRAIDED PLUG WIRES SUCK!!! Even brand new ones.... (but boy they did look good). Whatever was wrong with these brand new wires cause my ignition system to freak out....livin and learn.

Put the old Taylors back on and the car runs great. lol

-
Back