plz help,5.7 swap

-

fastcar

Reaction score
well im putting a 5.7 off ram 2010 truck it's 4x4 and I'm putting this swap in to my dodge cornet,but the problem is idk wat tranny to use and wat will be the best option to make this baby work.can I use the tranny off the truck even though it's 4x4 can I take the transfercase off and put a stock one that is none 4x4,or wat thankz for ur help.

Yeah you can take the 4x4 case off and but the 4x2 tailshaft on. Street and Performance sells this parts as well as the local dealer. The trans is known as a 545rfe. It's a 5 speed automatic with two 2nd gears.

The PCM controls this trans and if you use a Hotwire Auto wiring harness just tell them your going to use this trans and they can make a harness that's plug and play.

Lots of posts here to help with this certain install.

Riddler

Also check over on forbbodiesonly, since ya have a b body. There ya can see what specific problems and how guys did their swap.

I think you should sell the 545 and pick up a Nag1. They are good to 550hp easy! Just get the MB blue top solenoids and your good to go! The auto stick is badass too! :)

I'm pushing 420 rwhp and nearly 112,000 miles with no issues! Right at 23 mpg at 75mph in a 4550lb brick.

Just my 2 pennies!

And then start looking to pay big bones for a stand alone computer to operate the nag1.

NAG1 transmissions are great in new cars like Charger/Challenger/300, but they are too much of a pain in the *** to get them to operate properly in an old car. Even if you use a stand alone controller, you still have to rig up speed sensors in all four wheels so the controller can figure out how fast you're going, and when to tell the trans to shift, etc. No thanks, I'll stick to my 545RFE!

Hotwire auto had the speed sensor set up now to bolt on the tailshaft of the trans.

And what about the driveshaft?

Get a Ford 9" out of a 90's truck! There is a sensor already there. The front sensors and tone rings shouldn't be too hard to get.

You do know that the ESP/BAP can be turned off with a Predator right? Don't know exactly what ya'll are using for a management system though.

And what about the driveshaft?

I really don't think that would be too much of an issue! Local driveshaft builder can take care of that easily. $400 tops!

Its only money! You can't take it with ya :)

I been thinking about fabbing up the IRS in a Abody. With a little Southern Engineering that shouldn't be too hard to do. It is a complete assembly and installing Coilovers instead of the struts should be a breeze with a small change to the rear cradle, i.e. tabs welded to the top of the cradle for upper coilover mounts. Paramount makes a wicked 9" setup for it to handle 1000+hp

I mean, you have already altered the originality by dropping the 3rd gen in it anyway. Ditching the rear floorpan is just a plasma torch away ;)

The drive shaft would need to be a 2 piece.....unless ya go irs, that would be cool!!!

-
Back