Policy/Rule Question

-

GTXperience

Orig Stealth Mod
Reaction score
Re: Conversations in the for sale section.

Can someone explicitly define what is considered a conversation in the for sale section? Does it include any and all replies to the seller? Thnx

I'm not a Moderator but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last night...................I've seen comments that were helpful in nature, things that told the seller the correct year or application of a part and that was OK. I've seen other comments about a part for sale but as long as there's a question in there somewhere, that seems to be OK.

Re: Conversations in the for sale section.

Can someone explicitly define what is considered a conversation in the for sale section? Does it include any and all replies to the seller? Thnx
From what I gather, you can only ask questions about the product for sale to the seller. All offers and exchange of info must be done through a PM. No casual comments like "the piece is awesome, dude!" or "you can buy that new from Summit cheaper" .... Exceptions seem to be if someone ask something like "is that a 1965?" and the seller says "i don't know", then somebody can say "it is not a '65".

Okay, here is the short answer...

If you want to ask a question relevant to buying the part, that's fine. Anything else may be deleted. That doesn't mean it will, we don't read every post made.

Basically, there are 2 main reasons.
1. Every post made pushes the ad back to the top, making it unfair for other ads;
2. "Commentary" such as "Nice Car" or "Wow - you want way too much" are not helpful, unnecessary and prone to starting arguments.
The reason we allow questions is so others can have the answers also. We could make it so that threads in the for sale forums are not open to posts, but I would rather people be able to ask questions that maybe the seller didnt think to point out in the ad.

-
Back