poly vs. rubber for LCA

-
I put stock moog in , have the energy poly bushing but decided against it , would have gone in easy , the rubber part of bushing came out easily poly would slip into the sleeve no problem . Read a few places to use moog stock replacement and that's what I did
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/tipstricks/155_0306_control_arms/index.html

forgot to ad , the poly bushings for upper control sway bar and rear made a huge difference in the ride handling , don't feel I really need firm feel box now . Might get one but not a need like before the poly bushings

............RUBBER........for the LCA everything else can be urethane but poly just is not a good choice in that position...... I know some will disagree, this is just IMHO.......

I used poly and hate it! Squeals and moans like a cheated hooker. Going back to rubber when I pull the engine.

I used poly and hate it! Squeals and moans like a cheated hooker. Going back to rubber when I pull the engine.
Did you use the supplied grease on the inside and outside of bushing when you put it in the sleeve ?

I installed poly bushings in the LCAs on a Barracuda several years ago. After a couple of years of trying to quell the noise after every drive I took them out and replaced them with the rubber Moogs which were instantly quiet. I noticed no difference in ride or handling. Just peace and quiet. Rubber is the only way in my mind!

You have me curious, how do you know what a cheated hooker sounds like??:yawinkle:

well i went rubber. I posted this after reading about how changing the LCA bushing is such a massive pita. So i had the idea of going to poly because it looked a little easier.

Anyways, i ran over to my friend's shop to see if he could help me out. 30min later he has the lca bushing swapped over.

Good choice on the rubber, thats what I went with. I thought I read somewhere that it increases the spring rate because it wont freely rotate like poly. That being said make sure you tighten them at ride height so they aren't always sprung.

-
Back