Polyurethane control arm bushings

-

dazedand confused

Reaction score
I'm currently working on a 1965-66 plymouth valiant 4 door 200 . I'm rebuilding the front suspension . I want to buy a kit from energy suspension of both upper and lower control arm bushings and even though I went on their website typed in the vehicle info and it pops up a kit for 1965 to 74 Dodge B-body cars like a Dodge charger . Are the bushings interchangeable?

These cars do not have a body that is rubber mounted to a frame....like some do. Think about why the factory used rubber.....

a-body upper control arm bushings are the same from 62~76

same with the LCA bushing, all the A's are
a-body upper control arm bushings are the same from 62~76

same with the LCA bushing, all the A's are the same

i know that some other body styles used them as well-- b&e-bodies from the mid 60's into the 70's but i don't know what year the cut off is. they changed the suspension design sometime around then.

here's the upper:
[/URL]
here's the lower:
[/URL]

same

i know that some other body styles used them as well-- b&e-bodies from the mid 60's into the 70's but i don't know what year the cut off is. they changed the suspension design sometime around then.

here's the upper:
[/URL]
here's the lower:
[/URL]
so your saying a & b body uses the same upper and lower bushings

I stand corrected. My bad.
i knew there was some interchange amongst the bodylines, but i didn't know to what extent. but thanks to you i did a little digging and found out it much more prevalent than i'd previously known. TIL!

Definitely good to know what parts interchange like that! sometimes lists are incomplete Or incorrect

These cars do not have a body that is rubber mounted to a frame....like some do. Think about why the factory used rubber.....

Because it's cheap, easy to produce, and a relatively low maintenance material for a factory bushing. Which is not to say it provides the best performance, or that better materials can't be used to great success.

Also, most cars that do have a body that is rubber mounted to a frame still use rubber control arm bushings. Because it's cheap, easy to produce, relatively low maintenance, etc...

Poly bushings work great, and will outperform rubber bushings if you maintain them properly and pair them with other higher performance suspension components (like good shocks!)

lol! Poly bushings are noisy. They may last longer than the factory bushings - 50 years on my last set of bushing (66 Barracuda)from the factory I guess is not good enough. Sorry OP. I don’t mean to take away from your question. I understand wanting to not do this again but the Moog style factory replacements have lasted 20+ years in my Demon. The factory set lasted 30+ and I only replaced them because the front end could not be aligned due to frozen cams in the bushings. Either way- they needed attention. Sorry again to taking this in a different direction from your original question. I’m about to get lambasted- so sit back and enjoy. lol!

lol! Poly bushings are noisy. They may last longer than the factory bushings - 50 years on my last set of bushing (66 Barracuda)from the factory I guess is not good enough. Sorry OP. I don’t mean to take away from your question. I understand wanting to not do this again but the Moog style factory replacements have lasted 20+ years in my Demon. The factory set lasted 30+ and I only replaced them because the front end could not be aligned due to frozen cams in the bushings. Either way- they needed attention. Sorry again to taking this in a different direction from your original question. I’m about to get lambasted- so sit back and enjoy. lol!

Poly bushings are only noisy if you installed them incorrectly or don’t properly maintain them. Period.

Poly bushings require lubrication, because they rotate on the pivot pins. If they dry out they squeak, and the friction that's causing that noise will wear them out prematurely. So if your poly bushings are noisy, they need to be lubricated. Simple as that. It's no different than a ball joint or a tie rod end, if you run them dry they'll wear out and fail.

And absolutely nothing you buy from Moog today will last as long as the factory stuff did, if it even fits. A good amount of things you buy from Moog today won’t even fit because their quality control is so poor.

Moog LCA bushings don’t fit…

LCA pin loose in bushing

-
Back