Porksoda's 1966 Dodge Dart GT

-
Well I have a lot of updates but I am busy trying to go to work.
So here are some new pictures:

998_0669.jpg

998_0670.jpg

998_0671.jpg

998_0672.jpg

Wow, she's cleaning up real nice. Looks like a darn solid car. Keep those progress photos comin' toolmanmike

Well here are my updates:
My friend and I rebuild the front brakes. We just rebuild the wheel cylinders because new wheel cylinders are just too expensive.
Once we finish the brakes we took the car for a ride. lol.
The car drove for a little bit until the fuel pump died on us in the middle of crossing a busy intersection. It was very scary. I was out pushing the car while my friend was steering it.
After that we go home and swap out the fuel pump. I am glad I found one locally at a parts store.
After we replaced the fuel pump the car actually idles way better then before and drives even better.
The car drives overall really nice. Very smooth riding car. There are squeaks in a few areas but I think I just need to lube the front end(bushings, balljoints, and other front end parts).
I did find out that I need a new pitman arm up front.
I also bought some new tires for the 13" wheels. I had some used ones laying around so I am running used 165-80-13's up front and new 185-70-13's on the rear.
These 13" wheels are just going to be some beater wheels.
I just ordered a set of custom 14" Mopar Rallye wheels.
The fronts are 14x5.5" and the rears are 14x8" (custom widened).
They are coming with center caps and trim rings.
Well that is all I have to say now that is update. lol

Ill get some pictures of the new Rallye wheels when I get them in.

nice 66r when you get done with the brakes and tires. i'd climb in the back seat and grab that bag of money then you have nothing to worry bout........:cheers:

Your car really cleaned up well. What is next?

Well tomorrow my new wheels come in the mail.
I bought 2 14x8 rallye wheels and 2 14x6 rallye wheels.
I will have centers and rings too!

Later down the road I would like to get a new paint job.

Well when I got my car it came with a extra gauge cluster because the one that was in was broken. The speedo was broken.
So yesterday me and a friend swapped out the gauge clusters and now the Temp gauge and Gasoline gauges just move across the whole gauge (pegging out).
My friend is telling me there is probably a electrical problem some where.
For now we unplugged the sending unit for the Temp gauge and Gasoline gauge so they actual gauge does not get messed up by pegging out every time the car turns one.
The needles move just fine across too if that makes a difference (very smoothly).

Any ideas why the needles keep pegging out?

Thanks alot!

The first thing I would do is

Remove all the plugs at the block(at the firewall)check for corrosion,clean and get some electrical grease,then reinstall.These cars were notorious for having electrical problems at the block.

I would also read up on the ammeter.Do a search here for upgrades to bypass the ammeter.good luck.

Look what came in today!
I bought a set of 14" Rallye Wheels.
Fronts are 14x5.5 (I think) and rears are 14x8(custom widened).
I think I am gonna run them with a tire combo of 205-70-14(front) and 235-60-14(rears).

998_0674.jpg

998_0673.jpg

998_0675.jpg

Thanks alot coolbreeze!

Just a random post

Here are pictures of my 1998 Dodge Dakota "R/T Clone" 5.2L.
I painted the truck my self in school. I painted it PRN viper red.

Truck pictures:
100_1211.jpg

100_1210.jpg

100_1209.jpg

C360_2011-01-2212-15-43.jpg

1052817924_QFgvF-XL.jpg

1052817502_T9mzV-L.jpg

1052820922_3tFtA-L.jpg

1052822848_n9rTd-L.jpg

1052821980_qCswp-L.jpg

1052887943_UxPGB-L.jpg

998_0457.jpg

998_0426.jpg

998_0425.jpg

Nice truck and cool photos. Scary that we both have 66 Darts and extended cab Dakota's. LOL How soon will you get your rally's on? I put a couple on to see what it would look like but usually run red stripe dog dishes with polished trim rings. I like the rallys though. Mike

Attachments

• 100_5256.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 463
  • fall07 042 reduced half.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 456
Nice truck and cool photos. Scary that we both have 66 Darts and extended cab Dakota's. LOL How soon will you get your rally's on? I put a couple on to see what it would look like but usually run red stripe dog dishes with polished trim rings. I like the rallys though. Mike

Thats awesome! lol

You should take a pictures of both your cars next to each other. I am about to post some pictures up in a few of both my cars next to each other. We will have like exact pictures just different color vehicles.

I dunno. I need to get tires. I am hoping it wont be too long from now.

I went to the show today and meet a lot of awesome people!
We had a great time and the weather was perfect. We had a great overcast of clouds that keep us cool all day and every now and then we got a couple drops of rain sprinkles to.
Well there were only a handful of mopars there but none the less there were a lot of really nice cars.

Our 66 Dart.
998_0760.jpg

998_0759.jpg

998_0758.jpg

My cars together:
998_0764.jpg

998_0765.jpg

998_0766.jpg

998_0767.jpg

998_0768.jpg

998_0769.jpg

998_0770.jpg

998_0781.jpg

The 65' Coronet is my buddy Johns. It took #7 and when he came by after the show he was like dude, i won a trophy, LOL

The 65' Coronet is my buddy Johns. It took #7 and when he came by after the show he was like dude, i won a trophy, LOL

That guy John was real cool. I am glad I was able to meet you and John.
I didnt see who all won what so this is news to me. I am glad he won!
I was going to go by but I was tired so I went home to eat and take nap.
My dart is having carb problems. It took me a while before I could leave the park. I was scared I was going to kill my battery trying to get the car started. That would have been a pain in the butt to get a jump start in there. I need to rebuild it but I am thinking of just upgrading to a 2-barrel intake/carb.
My carb keeps flooding when I try to get it running after sitting a few hours.
The float keeps getting stuck and just pours all into the carb. I have to get something hard to bang on the carb to make it stop. Once I do that its fine for a while.
I am still on the fence on what to do about the carb. I dont have any plans for the next few weeks with the dart(like going out to shows) so I can get the carb figured out in that time.
I just need it running right for Chryslers in the Canyon on October 15th.
Talk to you later.

Thanks for the pic's. Can't wait to see it in person at Chrysler's in the Canyon. Look's like we should break the 100 car mark.

On the guage problem you might check the voltage regulator which is a small rectangular device that plugs into the back of the guage cluster. Its about 1.25 " x 3/4 " and has three flat prongs that slip into the cluster. This thing is supposed to drop the voltage for the guages from 12 v to 5v. If it failed maybe its allowing too much voltage thru the guages making them read high.

Why not rebuild the carb - kits are cheap and the carb for that motor is the definition of simple. You probably have some dirt or build up in the float bowl causing it to stick.

Car looks great nice to see another one being resurrected !

noticed it has a base model dart deck lid, the GTs have a heavy AL trim piece that fits across the back between the tailights. You could add one to your car if you can find one, drill some holes and use the right fastners.

Have fun with it !

Well I haven't dont much to the dart this past week but today I picked up Carburetor rebuild kit.
I am heading to Amarillo,TX to go pick up some BFG Radial T/A tires for my rallye wheels. I found some used there. They are 205-70-14's but they will be fine for the fronts.
I plan on running 235-60-14's on the rear.

Well guys no updates on the Dart lately.
I have been super busy with school these past week or so.
But I do have good new!

I am buying a new daily driver!
Dragbaron and I are going saturday to pick up a 1993 Dodge Shadow ES 4D (2.5L/ 5-speed) in Stanley,NM.
I currently have a 92 Olds 88 for my daily driver but this GM just giving me problem after problem.
The are is fairly cheap because the clutch is bad but dragbaron said he is going to help me out to repair it.
Well when I get the car back into town tomorrow Ill post up pictures.

Then I can finally get rid of this Oldsmobile I have.

-
Back