Possible Location of Broadcast Sheet for 69 Barracuda Fastback??

-

Moparaley

Reaction score
Looking for the broadcast sheet in my 69 Fastback. I've looked under the seat bottoms & in the backs of the front buckets. Under the rear seat and above the glove box. Was going to start disassembling the rear back, but it being a fold down and never being apart before, I hate to do that and come up empty. Has anyone else actual found a sheet in this spot. I have in my B and E bodies but those seats don't fold with all the trim along the sides. Wondered if the factory would mess with putting in the back of a fold down. Haven't checked the carpet yet but I've never had any luck finding one there.

Thanks!

That's where I found one; In the rear seat back. But in 2 other fbs, I found them under the rear seat bottoms. So as a last resort............

I need to pull the gas tank anyhow so I'll be checking there. Sounds like the back of the rear seat as well since you have found one there. Think I can just remove some of the outer trim and it will allow me just to take a peak?

Well since the car is over 45 years old, there's a pretty good chance it's gone. I wouldn't be interested enough to take the rear seat back apart to find out either. It's too much of a PITA. But in 1997, I was a lot younger(44), and I had exhausted all other locations.And I was on a quest to take every single bolt and screw apart on that car, you know, for bragging rights. Sheesh, I was ambitious! I did so much extra work!
Maybe ambitious is not the right word......

Well since the car is over 45 years old, there's a pretty good chance it's gone. I wouldn't be interested enough to take the rear seat back apart to find out either. It's too much of a PITA. But in 1997, I was a lot younger(44), and I had exhausted all other locations.And I was on a quest to take every single bolt and screw apart on that car, you know, for bragging rights. Sheesh, I was ambitious! I did so much extra work!
Maybe ambitious is not the right word......

I see what you mean but I juts enjoy decoding the sheets to see what the car was like originally. However, this car is so original I don't need the sheet to tell me what it came with. But.... would be nice to go with the original window sticker and fender tag that it has now.

maybe on the top of the glove box insert and if buckets seats sometimes inside
the back of the the seat.

Looking for the broadcast sheet in my 69 Fastback. I've looked under the seat bottoms & in the backs of the front buckets. Under the rear seat and above the glove box. Was going to start disassembling the rear back, but it being a fold down and never being apart before, I hate to do that and come up empty. Has anyone else actual found a sheet in this spot. I have in my B and E bodies but those seats don't fold with all the trim along the sides. Wondered if the factory would mess with putting in the back of a fold down. Haven't checked the carpet yet but I've never had any luck finding one there.

Thanks!

I took my 68 FB rear folding seat apart looking for mine and was not there. Only place I never looked yet was undet carpet. Good luck

I took my 68 FB rear folding seat apart looking for mine and was not there. Only place I never looked yet was undet carpet. Good luck

Thanks.
How much of the rear seat back did you have to take apart so you could see the springs? Can the outer moulding be removed from the upper section so as to peak in or is there more than that to it?

I took my whole interior apart 'the whole thing' & never found even a trace. I have taken cars apart that mice got into & at least found some small pieces but not in mine. Good luck, let us know if you find anything.

I took my whole interior apart 'the whole thing' & never found even a trace. I have taken cars apart that mice got into & at least found some small pieces but not in mine. Good luck, let us know if you find anything.

I'll continue the search this weekend. Original headliner is too nice to start monkeying with that. I'll try the carpet area and the upper back seat and see what happens.

-
Back