post carb and throttle linkage pics

-

daredevil

Reaction score
Going to use a dominator on an m1 with a 2 inch spacer and need to fab a throttle bracket so i,m looking for pics for an idea as i,m working with a blank slate. does a stock pedal linkage and cable have enough travel for a dominator? heres a pic of what im working with. i have some aluminum plate i want to use to fab the bracket.

DSC00070 (Medium).JPG

I believe Summit has a throttle bracket that attaches at the base of carb.Might want to go that route,cause she already looks badass clean.If your a handy Mcgyver type(which is what I did)it,s not...pretty...go for it!

re and re of 66 Dart 003.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 002.jpg

Daredevil,

Here's a few pics I found of brackets for the dominator series carbs. These should give you some ideas, and are actually pretty reasonable in regards to price. I understand that you would rather make your own though.

In regards to travel, that is dependant on the distance from the throttle shaft to the mounting hole on the throttle shaft plate. Hopefully that makes sense to you. I think that a stock cable should have enough travel as long as it isn't too far away from the center of rotation.

aed-6605_w.jpg

csi-600b_w.jpg

Daredevil,

Here's a few pics I found of brackets for the dominator series carbs. These should give you some ideas, and are actually pretty reasonable in regards to price. I understand that you would rather make your own though.

In regards to travel, that is dependant on the distance from the throttle shaft to the mounting hole on the throttle shaft plate. Hopefully that makes sense to you. I think that a stock cable should have enough travel as long as it isn't too far away from the center of rotation.
That,s similar to the one I had mentioned at Summit Daredevil.

jegs has them for mopar cable linkage...

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/15159/10002/-1

Yep, sure enough! Nice find. Seems odd though as the bolt pattern is different on the 4500 vs. the 4150/4160 series and I don't see slotted mounting holes, yet it says it fits both styles of carb.

Edit: Aha, different part number for the 4500. I was reading the general description.

These are two I made up, one for Holley and one for Carter. Not the prettiest, but they work.

Holley throttle bracket 2 (Small).jpg

Carter throttle bracket (Small).jpg

I gotta question for kork340--or anyone else for that matter. What is the small piece that holds the throttle cable in place? (the real small one with the bolt in it. It's painted blue in your picture. Need to know the name of it. I can't find mine.)

Here is a picture of the Mancini Racing throttle bracket setup.

weiand.jpg

-
Back