Power Door Locks

-

Riddler

Project EH-Body
Reaction score
Has anyone added power door locks? If so what did you use? Do you have pictures of the install?

I'd like to get started on power door locks for my Duster.

Thanks,

Riddler

IIRC, P/L was never an option for A body.

The factory B/C body system was super funky, and totally different from the manual system- using a different lock rod that actuated a switch rather than a direct connection to the cylinder in the door.

I put a hybrid remote system on an 86 Daytona (that interestingly came with T tops, and P/W, but NOT P/L), using an aftermarket alarm system, Radiohsack relays, and stock OEM actuating solenoids (from the JY).

There are also aftermarket solenoids and adapters that clamp to your OEM lock rods.
Those are probably your best bet.

Not sure about F/M/J body, but bet it's similar to B/C body.

I've got remote doorlocks as a kit along with the alarm in my Dart.
The doorlocks open and close with the press of a button. Perfect during hardrain or when your hands are full.

After 1.5 years though, one of doorlocks has given up though becuase of the cheapsh!t design. Ofcourse it was the driverside door so I have to use the damn key everytime now again. I'll either get a new unit or just swap the rightside over to the leftside.

Yes. With some higher quality doorlock actuators I think you could have a reliable setup. Or even use parts from a later Fullsize Mopar model.

Where you thinking of some factory option?

I've been told GM trucks have an actuator that can be adapted. I've been searching small cars too.

Riddler

Has anyone added power door locks? If so what did you use? Do you have pictures of the install?

I'd like to get started on power door locks for my Duster.

Thanks,

Riddler

I did mine by taking the solenoids out of a 90 dynasty, 92 dodge ran and a 95 dakota.
I used the dynasty rods to hook to the original lock rods in the doors. I had to bend them to get them to fit and silver soldered them to the sides of the original rods which were left in. oh and swiped the wiring too!

if you want remote locking then you'll have to get an aftermarket kit
something like these. BUT look for the biggest pull (oz of pull) strength or it'll not work so good. if bought on ebay you will have to message the sellers for specification of the solenoids since they do not list them

look for at least this much pull (more is better) and you might need more travel (25.4 mm= 1 inch)

• Voltage 12 VDC
  • Travel 22mm (0.865")
  • Force 3Kg (6.6 lbs.)
  • Actuator pin hole 3/16"
  • Mount 2 holes 2-1/4" c/c
  • Duty Intermittant
  • Size 5-1/2" x 1-3/16" x 2-3/8

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...t&_nkw=power+door+lock+kit&_sacat=0&_from=R40

-
Back