Power seat wiring help needed!!!!!!!

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
Ok everyone.....I just picked up a set of "brand new" black leather power seats for my duster.

I found them on craigslist....the guy was asking $200.00 for the set and I ended up getting them for $100.00!!!!!!!!.

I had to drive 2 hours to get them to detroit but....so be it lol.

his buddy worked for the manufacturer and tested the seats and if there was ANYTHING that didnt meet the company standards theywere instructed to "trash" the seats.....so he had decided to stock pile them for himself and sell some to his friends and family and I ended up getting them from this guys friend.

ANYHOW......here is the dilemma I am having with them.

they are power forward and backword and also there is no seat back tilt lever,its controlled by power I believe.

this is were it gets tricky, they have side air bag/s? not sure if its on one side or both.

normally I would figure out what power and ground is and run it no problem, but I dont want to hit the wrong wire and blow and air bag off.

the seats are constructed very well (too well) and I cant rip the seat apart to see what wires go to where inside the back of the seat.

another problem is....I have NO IDEA what these came out of!!!...and the guy I got them from does not know either.

the head rests have embroidered on them " Typse S "

so I am assuming there from a toyota or honda or accura or nissan or something of that nature.

I see nothing on the seats from a manufacturer,just labels on the wiring with bar codes that say made in mexico lol.

so.....does anyone have any expierience in this area that can point me in the right direction? and does anyone recognise what these seats are from?

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.....thanks everyone!

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

also I am not sure what these are......air bag sensors? maybe seat track position sensors? or maybe they were used for memory seats or something? no memory seat button unless it was dash mounted or something.

also I marked out what bundles of wires head into the backs of the seats.....to black looms of wire and one yellow loom of wire.

also I wanted to show the multiple connectors that are open on the bottom.

the two with red arrows look like they plug into each other.

wiring colored.jpg

wiring colored 2.jpg

In my mind I keep saying "yellow means caution" so the one with yellow loom must be air bag wiring.....but it would be just my luck I end up popping an air bag lol....so I just wanted to run all this passed any of you that may have a better idea than I

The yellow wire loom is for the air bag.

I sure hope your not playing a dirty trick on me LOL

atleast you didnt know it was the airbag wiring and tell me thats where I needed to connect my power to HAHAHAHA

anyone else care to chime in?

The red wires arm the ejection seats.

Did some researching and it looks like the seats are from maybe a 08 or 09 Acura LT type S .....its the only car I can find that has these exact seats in them.

now I jsut need to figure out how to wire them.....I also read that these seats are heated seats? but I don't know how to tell if mine are or not

oops, forgot to update this thread until now, I figured out all the wiring on it.....thanks

-
Back