power steering conversion for '68 cuda

-

susanrae

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a 1968 383 Formula S fastback cuda. Back then there wasn't room in the engine compartment for a 383 and much of anything else. While I can easily live without power brakes or ac, I would like to have power steering in the car. Does anyone know of a way to convert my manual steering to power steering WITHOUT mutilating the car. The car is very original and I don't want to start cutting into it. I can handle a few extra holes for bolts or screws but that's about it. If I convert the car, I want to make sure the conversion would be reversible. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

The Borgeson steering box is your only chance. I ran one in my BB Dart with 2" CPPA headers with a dent in the #3 tube. The newest version of the box is even smaller and by looking at the pics of it I would've gotten away with a much smaller dent or no dent at all. You need to get a real good picture of your steering box and exhaust manifold clearance you have now and post it. Here is how mine was...

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 169
-
Back