Power steering for my 1966 plymouth Valiant 273 V8

-

64whiteghost

Reaction score
Whatsup guys. Thanks for all the help

I also have a 1966 plymouth valiant convertable 4 speed with a 273V8. The one in my profile picture.

Its my cruiser and I would like to make it power steering. How do I go about this ?

BAC STEERING BOX UPGRADE MASTER KIT - Bergman Auto Craft
obviously you'll need to call and talk with peter and suss out the details, but he knows what's up and and put together a complete slam dunk kit.

or: you source a stock steering box, power steering pump and brackets, corresponding pulleys, hoses (stock or custom), belts, then you'll need the correct pitman arm to match your centerlink, and a manual to power steering coupler (or power column).

The pitman arm is the same between power and manual steering. If you're wanting it to look completely stock, the factory setup from a '64-6 is what you want to find. You can keep your steering column and just change the center shaft with the P/S version with it's coupler. You will also want to find the correct 90 degree pressure hose fitting for the control valve which only came on the V8 cars those years. Stock hoses are available when I bought mine a year ago.

Hello, I'm not very good at this forum,
Welcome to FABO. We don't work that way here. Even if it's free, don't offer unless it's a parts wanted thread. Send him a personal message, but don't offer it on a open thread.

-
Back