power steering help

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
So I been have a nightmare with my pulley system on my 440. I went to 440 source and got the whole shabang. Alternator bracket, alternator bolt kit, water pump pulley, power steering bracket and bolt kit. My crack pulley was same they had so didnt get that. So still cant get the power steering to line up and the bracket even had big gaps where it pulled to the ear of water pump housing. They responding that I had a small block power steering pump. So what you say would that cause it? Any pics of both next to each other? I have 3 pumps in a box so not sure what ones what? Maybe what numbers I should look for on the pumps?

there is pics of the spare one I have and the one I have on the car. Big block or small?

Attachments

• IMG_1097[1].jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1098[1].jpg
    46 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0996.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0995.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 95
..............1st 2 r small block pumps, or at least the brackets are small block........I have changed brackets from big to small or small to big block b4 ......the pump was tilted at a different angle side to side but the pulleys still lined up......also the depth on the 2 bb water pump housings where the pump bolts on is narrower on the passenger side inlet housing....u should have a TRW or a Federal pump instead of a Saginaw with the drivers side inlet.....kim......

I had to get pumps rebuilt for both my 64 Sport Fury and my 67 Barracuda, so I've spent a lot of time online studying these. This may not help too much on the brackets, but go to www.cardone.com and there is a huge listing of which pump (with or without reservoir) is used on each car. It is a super reference for all cars, not just Mopars. Just download the pdf. This should at least get you the correct pump.

In my limited experience, the PS pump pulley and the mating pulley often don't align very well -- and the pump brackets aren't adjustable front to back.

-
Back