Powerforce Balancer prob

-

moparspares

Reaction score
Hi

I pressed my powerforce balancer on today and my crank pulley was not lining up with the other pulleys.

Took it back off and compared with a standard balancer and the standard one has metal flange on the shaft which prevents it being pressed on to the crank to far. Pried the flange off the standard one but it wont fit on the powerforce balancer because it interferes with the weights.

Anyone else struck this problem and what did you do?.

Attachments

• Balancer1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 136
  • Balancer2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 127
That balancer needs to press right in so it makes contact with the lower timing gear inside the engine. You DO NOT want to prevent that from happening. Also , I assume that this engine is a 360?

I have pressed the powerforce one on all they like it should, but like I said my crank pulley sits approx 1/4 inch in towards the engine more than the other pulleys.

Maybe I have the incorrect balancer but Professional products lists only 2 part numbers 80012 which is the one I have and 90012 which is the Powerforce Plus

The other one In the photograph is maybe an internal balance one accounting for the difference.

Well as long as it is not making contact with the timing case cover, then you have no choice but to change your pulley alignment. An alloy spacer made from some plate, sandwiched between your balancer and your pulley should do the trick.

The metal flange on the factory balancer is for a cloth like material that goes in there to keep dirt out of the seal.

-
Back