Prayers needed for My Grandpa......Update

-
Here are some more that were on display tonight, the excavator was all hand made, the tracks were like the real ones and moved, the bucket moved, just like a real toy.

Attachments

• DSC07430.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC07429.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC07431.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC07434.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 122
They are all amazing, the forest scene is really something. It's something you would never get tired of looking at.

Here is one he made for my dad, it is about 1/16th scale and all hand made except for the wheels. Lots of detail in this one, especially in the grilles. I believe it is made out of oak, pretty heavy too.

that is unbelievable ...your grandpa will be missed by many......he was from the generation of ppl who believed in craftsmanship and pride...

i salute him for being a WWII vet, they were a generation of ppl who made this country great.

ppl of his generation were really something special .....the work of his hands looks devine.

to think of all his experiences and what he saw during his life is amazing......

he was a good looker too.......i can see the family resemblence.

Bless your Grandpa and your Family

Your Grandfather's woodworking's look amazing Keith! He sure had allot of talent and patience to do those.

John

Beautiful Work. I didn't know he was part of the Big Red One infantry unit.

being a woodworker by trade , i can truly appreciate what it takes to create such great pieces of work. the attention to detail is excellent and very very nice. truly very time consuming

i hope you are hanging in there Keith

The funeral was today and it went well, beautiful mass and a burial with Military Honers was something to see. Plus, the weather was warm with no snow yet so I drove my 74 Satellite, how often can I drive my nice car in MN on November 20th! It was a sad day but there was more laughter than tears, I know that's what grandpa would have wanted :glasses7:

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support, you are all awesome :prayer:

Sorry, for chiming in late, Keith. You, Pete, and the rest of your family have my sincerest condolences and prayers.

Glad you had a nice day to lay Grandpa to rest Keith. His woodworking was truly amazing. My grandfather was a 40yr vet of the police department in our county just outside Wash, DC. He retired as a Lt.Coronel, 2nd in command, and had a full military funeral also in 1984. That's one of the most powerful/emotional things i've ever been apart of. Continued condolences to you and your family.

Keith, Deepest condolences for your family's loss..... I'm sure he's smiling now with the tribute you've shown for him here on FABO :thumbup:

Your Grandpa's artistic woodwork should be passed down thru many generations of your family. Truly works of art IMO. Did he sign them in any way?

Here's the flag @ half staff for him from here in AZ :salut:

Attachments

• Dad's 7-16-12 049 (Small).jpg
    34 KB · Views: 83
Sorry to hear of your loss Keith. He was a talented man and he will be remembered through his works of art. tmm

So sorry for your loss . . . he'll live on through your smiles from fond memories of what a great man he was to you.

Wow Keith, I can see your grandpa stayed busy and a very talented .
I am so happy my prayers was answered for nice weather for everyone
I think we all can learn something about this mans life and try and put some of
his traits in our own life :glasses7: Love the picture sister C put up for him and us here at fabo.:coffee2:
Again my condolences to you and the many family and friends

-
Back