Predictions?

-

Robzilla

Reaction score
I am going to take my Duster to the local 1/8 mile track tomorrow night and see how the new 408 runs, are there any predictions. I am hoping to get into the high 7's.

Engine: 408 stroker 9.75 CR
Edelbrock heads
MP .508 cam
Performer RPM Airgap
830 CFM Proform carb
complete MSD ignition
Hooker Super comp headers

Trans: 727
Reverse manual valvebody
3500 stall

Rear: 8 3/4
3.91 sure grip
super stock springs
Hoosier Quick Time Pro's (kind of worried about spinning)

If You Had 488 Gears And 31x10.5x15 Mt Slicks, And A 5000 Stall Converter You Would Be Running A 6.95 To 7.20 Sorry I Can't Tell You What That Combo Will Do. May Be 8.10

I drive this car on the street to much to go that high for a stall and that steep of a gear ratio.

Let us know how it goes my duster with the 416 under the hood runs low 6.90's in the 1/8 with just 3.91's and drag radials :-D

Stroked, that is impressive. I am sure I will be no where near that, I just hope to get into the high 7's!

I am going to take my Duster to the local 1/8 mile track tomorrow night and see how the new 408 runs, are there any predictions. I am hoping to get into the high 7's.

Edelbrock heads
MP .508 cam
Performer RPM Airgap
830 CFM Proform carb
complete MSD ignition

Reverse manual valvebody
3500 stall

3.91 sure grip
super stock springs

I have the 509 cam with a Mopar single plane, Edelbrock heads, 750 carb, MSD 7al, TTI headers, 3500 stall, 430 gear, 28 inch Quick Time Pros, almost the same setup...best of [email protected] so far, still needs some tuning. Good luck I'm sure you'll have a blast.

Well, I am going to give it a try again tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

Congratulations Rob on running a 7.59 @ 89.97 (1.65 60ft.) the first time at the track with the new engine. Not bad for a street cruiser with a 26 X 8" DOT tire! Now, time for some spray!!!

Edelbrock heads
MP .508 cam
Performer RPM Airgap
830 CFM Proform carb
complete MSD ignition

Reverse manual valvebody
3500 stall

3.91 sure grip
super stock springs

One bit of info left out: How good of a driver are you? ;) Good luck out there.

Thanks guys, I wasn't sure this combo had those kind of times in it. It pulled hard all the way through the rpm's (6000). I am going to have to put some bigger slicks on though for some spray, it is going to be too fast though for no rollcage!
GTX, I have been racing for about 11 years.

7.59 not bad,but i bet its got a lot more in it especially if you give it more cam..i went to the track Friday night myself with my stock stroke 360 the duster went 7.57 in the 1/4...

7.59 not bad,but i bet its got a lot more in it especially if you give it more cam..i went to the track Friday night myself with my stock stroke 360 the duster went 7.57 in the 1/4...
Now that's Haulin' the Mail ! You mean in the 1/8th mile right?

Stroked, 7.57 is quick, what are the details on the car? I went with this cam to keep the streetability. I like to drive this car around.

-
Back