Pretty in Pink or "Here We go Again."

-

SpikeWills69

Live Free or Die
Reaction score
It's not a pink Barracuda, but I can see the same controversy arising 40 years from now. Was it a Playboy Bunny car? Or was it a MK car? How many? etc. etc. Your turn to guess, what is it?

Attachments

• turbine-300-660.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 365
Isn't that supposed to to be a tribute car to the old Chrysler Turbine car? If i'm not mistaking that is a copper color.....

it was that car Chrysler showed at SEMA

i actually emailed them about the paint codes lol

this was their reply:

Hi Randy
I have made inquiries for you and the information I was given was:

Cinnamon candy # 61078
Over fine gold # 25623
“Hot rod black” is the hood and the roof

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards,

Pat

Pat Caporali
PR and Media Manager |MOPAR
[email protected]
1000 Chrysler drive | CIMS: 485-02-44 | Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326

Isn't that supposed to to be a tribute car to the old Chrysler Turbine car? If i'm not mistaking that is a copper color.....

You are right, and now you have confirmed that I really am colorblind. My wife is always accusing me of that. :)

Whatever it is, I'm not very excited. Maybe it'd look better in the sunshine with some girls around it.

I have been one that liked the different colors that dodge used but this on no not really. it looks like a faded copper?

is this another one of those things where some people think satin finish looks better on a car than gloss does?

I don't like it. It looks like the color that would be on something cheap and trashy from the 50's or early 60's. These cars look great in subtle conservative colors.

I think the saddest part of this is that there is no real tribute to the turbine. Even a turbo under the hood might have been at least a little more convincing.

When is the last time Chrysler did anything as out of the box as the turbine?

Honestly the only thing I can think of out of the box for Chrysler was the Hybrid Intrepid that put out 280hp. That was back in the mid to late 90's. If they would have produced that, you can only imagine where they would be now. Goyya think about it. That was quiet a few years before Honda and Toyota put their Hybrids into production.

-
Back