Problem with Mopar Performance P4529415 leaf springs.

-

cpearce

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Early in the new year I bought and installed new Mopar Performance P4529415 leaf springs. At the time I noticed the pinion was pointed upwards but had so much work to do up front I didn't pay it much attention. Now I'm getting close to finishing car and noticed the springs appear to have an s bend in the front segment, appears some of the leafs might be in wrong places. There seems to be more spring immediately behind axle rather than in front. Any ideas, or were they assembled incorrectly? I only really noticed this as I was trying to set pinion angle.
20170701_202925.jpg

They don't look good, but I have to ask, when installed were they torqued properly or were they smoked down with an impact putting the spring pack in a bind?

what direction does the rear shackle go?? Can you get more pictures of the spring, especially the back... Could the rear shackle be going forward instead of rearward, if so , just relax the spring, put a pry bar through the rear shackle and pry the bottom of the shackle rearward, then jack it up and then let it down so the bottom of the shackle goes rearward, not forward...

I had that issue with a set of Espo Springs and I was able to pry it into position...

They don't look good, but I have to ask, when installed were they torqued properly or were they smoked down with an impact putting the spring pack in a bind?
Just snug with 3/8 drive ratchet

what direction does the rear shackle go?? Can you get more pictures of the spring, especially the back... Could the rear shackle be going forward instead of rearward, if so , just relax the spring, put a pry bar through the rear shackle and pry the bottom of the shackle rearward, then jack it up and then let it down so the bottom of the shackle goes rearward, not forward...

I had that issue with a set of Espo Springs and I was able to pry it into position...
Shackle angled rearward, lower pivot further back then upper.

Shackle angled rearward, lower pivot further back then upper.

Hae youi tried loosening the shock plate 4 nuts on the u-bolts and then retightening them JIC to see if that helps???

That's an oval track spring. It doesn't even have the correct front segment length for an A body. Why did you choose that spring?

That's an oval track spring. It doesn't even have the correct front segment length for an A body. Why did you choose that spring?
For the 120lb spring rate, and others that recommended them. I bought the correct front hangers that accommodate the difference in front segment length.

Been around mopars all my life and installed a lot of springs and never seen a new set look like that in the front, used and abused yes but not new.

i have used the oval track springs and they are a nice spring with only 5 leaves.The front section is dead flat,shorter and stiffer to keep the car level while cornering. They ride very nice and not stiff at all.There is definitely something wrong with your springs.I know chevy guys that love them too and install them on their camaro stock cars as well as street cars.I often wonder why they aren't more popular.

You want the shortest front segment, How long are these?

-
Back