Problem with the Dart!!!

-

MemphisDart

Reaction score
Tried to start the Dart and this is what I get...I am going to try and get the job done myself...where do I start?

video of me trying to start engine

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW9u4FJAm6Y&list=UUrsu8JFWwDyjWVtBxY9Crqg&index=1&feature=plcp"]Slant 6 wont start - YouTube[/ame]

Check fuel, spark and timing. Start from there. Video doesnt sound clear, but it sounds like possibly timing....maybe gear broke or it jumped a tooth...??

Hard to say

you need

Compression

fuel

spark "at the right time"

Pull the plugs are they wet/ dry? You know or not whether you have compression? Run a compression check

Check the spark. Pull the coil wire out of the coil, and use a grounded probe near the top of the coil tower. Crank the engine USING THE KEY. If this is impossible, use a clip lead from the alternator output stud to the coil + terminal, and then you can crank the car by jumpering the start relay. You should get a nice fat blue spark with the probe held just inside the top of the coil tower.

Don't "assume" the fuel is OK take some KNOWN good fuel and squirt a little down the carb

When a mopar does this I always assume Mopar flaw #1. Ballast resistor. But they are right. Fuel spark and timing.

-
Back