Problems with Eddy Elite valve covers

-

RDJ

Reaction score
Has anybody else had problems with the fit of the Edelbrock Elite valve covers? I have Eddy heads, valve cover gaskets, and just purchased the Elite valve covers (made in Taiwan). There was a bunch of slag in the seams, but worst of all, the holes in the valve covers didn't quite line up with the holes in the head. Plus, the long holes were not straight, so if you managed to get a screw in the top part of the cover, you couldn't get the bottom part of the cover to set on the rail. Somewhat unbelievible that all this stuff from the same manufacturer won't fit. I'm not crazy about the fit of the gaskets either.

I was going to use a pair of Mickey Thompson valve covers I had laying around. There were no baffles, but there were screw holes for them. So I made baffles, but then the valve covers were not tall enough to go over the roller rockers when I installed the baffles. If I decide to use these with no baffles, what should I do to make sure no oil clogs the breather and pcv valve?

Well, I'd say that it's pretty important that you use baffles. The PCV will suck up oil...That sucks about the valve covers not fitting...Wonder if the Mopar Performance V/C's would work....

I just got a set of unpolished BB tall deck MP valve covers in last week that my customer purchased brand new. I didn't take any "before" pictures yet, but these things are some of the worst castings I've ever seen -- huge deep scratches, swirl marks, gouges ... I sliced my hand open when I slid it over the ribs / logo! The gasket rail has so much extra slag (especially around the bolt holes in the corners) that it'll take passes with the angle grinder to make the gasket fit.

Deplorable condition for brand new parts. And I know these things aren't cheap.

What happened to craftsmanship and pride in one's work????????? I think it's sad. I'd be embarrassed to display them as is and wouldn't put them on my car if somebody paid me.

At least they'll look great in my "Before & After Slide Show." LMAO

I Had No Problems With Mine On Stock Heads Worked Fine Nvr Gave Me Any Problems I Just Switched Imnot To Crazy About Eld Stuff.

The M/T VCs I have fit the pattern, the stock 360 VCs fit. Kind of ironic the Eddys don't fit on the Eddie heads.

I thought Vic Edelbrock wasnt going to make ANYTHING in China???!! Could have swore he said something about it.

I thought Vic Edelbrock wasnt going to make ANYTHING in China???!! Could have swore he said something about it.

HE doesn't! The Chinese MAKE them. Apparently he just SELLS them! :angry7:

:-D

I bought some Eddie Elite VC's a few years back and and as mentioned, the fit and finish were so bad as to be unusable. Complete junk and made in Tiawan. I sent them back and just got some Moroso stamped aluminum covers. Much nicer, made here, don't leak, etc.

RDJ, you can use the grommits with a slit in them that act as a baffle. Your local auto parts store should have them and if not, Summit sells them.

You said the Edlebrock covers were made in Tiwan. Correct me if I'm wrong but all the Edlebrock comercials I've seen claim that their products are "Made in the USA". Seems to me like old Eddy is trying to pull a fast one on their customers with that slogan if they are outsourcing their production.

You said the Edlebrock covers were made in Tiwan. Correct me if I'm wrong but all the Edlebrock comercials I've seen claim that their products are "Made in the USA". Seems to me like old Eddy is trying to pull a fast one on their customers with that slogan if they are outsourcing their production.

In raised letters on the gasket rail is the word "TAIWAN". Not that that would ruin the smoothness of the gasket rail since there is all sorts of casting bumps and crap anyway.

And, technically, taiwan is not china (yet)

-
Back