Progess on the 71 Demon, the Musclecar Ministry's first project

-

Randy WM

Reaction score
that is some model car to start with for a church project, considering why the demon was replaced by the dart sport.

that is some model car to start with for a church project, considering why the demon was replaced by the dart sport.

The irony has not been lost on any of us involved with this project! Our men's ministry director tells everyone that we are REFORMING a Demon!

I thought I'd take a picture of our pastor driving it out of the shop for the first time when the car's done. That way, we'll have a picture of him "driving out a Demon"!

I'm sure we'll have heard them all by the time this is done!

The irony has not been lost on any of us involved with this project! Our men's ministry director tells everyone that we are REFORMING a Demon!

I thought I'd take a picture of our pastor driving it out of the shop for the first time when the car's done. That way, we'll have a picture of him "driving out a Demon"!

I'm sure we'll have heard them all by the time this is done!

I used to own a Fury. An older guy told me 'Y'know, the Fury is God's car. Yes, it says so right in the Bible...God drove Adam and Eve from the garden of Eden in a fury.'

Thanks for sharing your project.

What a minute a church group working on a Demon.Is this right?Thats a gag!Well I hope you had it blessed first.Good luck with the car.
Jim

I'm about two months away from restoring my '72 Demon, and have a number of extra parts. PM me if there are some things you need I can help with (donate).

interesting a californa (emission) a/c car.

I do like the irony.

how are you going to do it up?

interesting a californa (emission) a/c car.

I do like the irony.

how are you going to do it up?

This is what we're shooting for when it's done, with the exception of the hood scoop. We're going to use the twin scoops on ours.
http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/...ect car/?action=view&current=yelllowdmn2a.jpg

And here are some more progress pics of work I'm doing on the trunk.

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/...lecar Ministry/MM project car/?albumview=grid

And I think someone will recognize the yellow Demon in the photo, since I got the picture from the member photo gallery. But that's basically what we're shooting for.

I made some more progress today. I removed the front bumper and panel beneath it. I also removed the grill and got it down to the radiator support. The radiator support is busted. If I can't weld it, I'll be looking for a new one, along with a grill and fender extensions. For those of you who have volunteered to help out with some parts, some of those front end components above would be great! Shoot me a PM.

One of the previous owners ran the front end up on a high curb and I'm finding a lot of damage that was hidden. She was a bit over the legal limit so I was told.

Should be pulling the engine and tranny out this Saturday. Pictures will be posted soon.

Driving out a demon, that's cool.

Now if we could do the same to Obama, we will all be okay.

Sorry, had to say it.

Here's your sign LOL

Demon Parking.jpg

I meant to do this earlier, but you know how it goes with good intentions.
Randy came down from Ft. Worth a few weeks ago to pick up some parts for this project. He is a very nice guy, and I'm glad to have been able to meet him and provide some of the pieces he needed.

The cause is a good one - to help men in his church get together to build relationships... and restore a MOPAR in the process. That is a win-win. If there is anything some of you other members can do to help, please do. Randy is operating on a shoestring budget and funds are limited.

Jerry

Jerry, my hat's off to you for your help and support. I have not forgotten about the A/C brackets you need for your car. The weather hasn't been cooperating up here and that's kept me from going to the salvage yard I usually deal with. As soon as it dries up a bit, I plan to head over there to pull them.

Bryan Anderson, our director of men's ministry, was very grateful for your help! Again, thank you very much!

My pleasure! I know what you mean about the deluge - we've been getting it solid here, too. At least it provided an opportunity for Aaron and me to crawl under his dash and determine where the elusive leaks are coming from. No big hurry.

By the way, Randy, if you have seen another of my posts, you might also check for one of those A/C drain tubes for our '74 Duster. Another Randy (74DartSport) posted a picture of his. I would be greatly thankful.

Jerry

I might be moving the car to a different shop soon. We should know this week. The one we're in is decent, but small. We could use more room.

I finally managed to find some time to work on it this week. The piece for the front radiator support is ready to be stripped, primed, and welded in place.

And I'm getting some help. This ministry took off fast in the beginning and then hit a plateau. The Lord works that way sometimes. He bought it all together, and when He's ready, it will go to the next step. It looks like we're about to take that step. Now we have some people showing interest in this and are wanting to get involved.

In the meantime, I just keep putting one foot in front of the other!

I wish I went to your church as I would be right in the thick of your restoration. Nice project.

Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words guys. I was teaching a Bible class for four weeks in a row. Whenever I teach, it takes up most of my time in preparation, so I don't get to work on the car as much.

Our regular teacher is back in town now after a long business trip, so the car has 100% of my attention.

Jerry, I still plan on going to Little John's to get those A/C brackets we talked about.

I hope to get this back on track soon. I have parts ready to prime and weld in place, but between the holidays and our work schedule, along with an unplanned trip to New Braunfels to visit my father-in-law after he suffered a stroke, there's been no time to work on the car.

And Jerry, I'm still going to go over to Little John's to pull those parts for you. If it's not the weather, it's been the demands on my time that have had this project all but shut down the past few weeks.

Randy, I'm not worried about it - whenever you find the time. I know what you mean about outside influences keeping you from working on the car. My biggest hurdle right now is that Aaron is in college and doesn't come home much. We are waaaayyyy behind on finishing his Duster. It's beginning to irritate both of us.

Hang in there and don't get impatient. Getting in a big hurry only adds opportunities to make mistakes or create problems for later on down the road.

My pleasure! I know what you mean about the deluge - we've been getting it solid here, too. At least it provided an opportunity for Aaron and me to crawl under his dash and determine where the elusive leaks are coming from. No big hurry.

By the way, Randy, if you have seen another of my posts, you might also check for one of those A/C drain tubes for our '74 Duster. Another Randy (74DartSport) posted a picture of his. I would be greatly thankful.

Jerry

I have the A/C brackets you need to swap over to the aluminum compressor. They came from an 86 Ramcharger. I need to get your address so I can ship them to you.

It was a good to be able to get back to work on this car this morning. I have some people helping out with it now, so it's not all on my shoulders. The man who was working with me this morning transferred from another church where they did project car restorations on a regular basis, and it's very helpful to have someone on board who knows what our goals are.

Will get some picutures posted as soon as I get them on Photobucket.

-
Back