Progression Distributor in a Duster

-

Blue Grey Duster

Reaction score
I bought one for my Duster 360, 2 years ago !
Adjust with your phone !
Best money ever spent ! For the regular guy, it's a no brainer. The older you are, the more you will like it. With this spark, the plugs are so clean, now I can add fuel.
Sell your msd, spring kits, and colored boxes or just throw away. You don't even need a timing light for install.
I had just one nut in the way, over top of Dist cap, on install. removed the nut and bushing, cut the bushing in half, discard half, and put back together.
This set up actually helps you become a good tuner. All the hassel is gone ! Check your plugs and move on !
Install with a relay for best reliable spark, of course.
Go to youtube ! Definitely not junk !
Ignition first, then your carb !!
Love it !

Last edited:
I'm on the verge of buying one of these. Question. Why run it on a relay?

So you program it with your phone. Like through the air. Caint wait to see what lots of RF does. lol

I was interested until I saw the price. I have a $370 Hyper spark distributer sitting in the box that I could never get to work right with EFI.

Yep it's not for everyone ! But if you're into tuning your dist, it's better than chasing springs, especially if you are paying someone to do it. This kind of antiquates their money making job with technology.
You don't have to use a relay, it's just a better practice.
I'm just showing what is out there, for a couple years now LOL. Just saying, it will fit a Duster.
Progression Ignition

I had a distributor machine e for years. This dist is exactly what I want to be able to tune for different fuels. Different elevations. Tunes for the track. Just swap pre set up tunes and go. Plus as you said it will allow me to learn. I can drop in one of these progression dist. Set the car up. Then set a guys dist fist on the Machine and make it close to the progression dist.

Now that's using your head ! Moving with technology, instead of against it.
In this video they show a clean plug, and that's what I found.

Now that's using your head ! Moving with technology, instead of against it.
In this video they show a clean plug, and that's what I found.

Nice car, and the distributor is a nice innovation. I don't see the great benefit of it until they change the software to add a thermister input which would allow the various saved profiles to automatically run without user manipulation.

-
Back