Project "nightmare" 68 dart

-

604 Racing

604 RACING
Reaction score
i previously posted the resto on this car, and since then ive minni tubbed the car, shortened the diff 4" and fabbed in ladder bars, and coilovers.

the car has a built 408 stroker, with aprox 550+hp, 727 with a shift kit, and 373's in the back

so after a hard summer of racing, and on my second motor (lordco fucked up the first) im now taking a new approach

so guys, id like some input, im going pro-tour/pro street and heres what i have planned,

Front tubulars with coilovers, heavy duty sway bar, possibly rack/pinnion

im going to keep the ladderbar/coilover setup in the rear

front rims are 20x8.5, and rears are 20x10 with a 315 tire.

so post up some products that you guys have expierence with im a chevy guy turned mopar, so im new to this style build, and avalibility on parts.

any input would be great, heres what i have at the current time, stay posted for tear down and build,.

dart-2.jpg

I may be wrong but pro-touring and pro-street are opposites, are they not?

Guess my first question is...... What do you really want out of your car when it's finished?

I also think 20s look silly on an a-body.

I may be wrong but pro-touring and pro-street are opposites, are they not?

Guess my first question is...... What do you really want out of your car when it's finished?

I also think 20s look silly on an a-body.

up here in the sticks (canada) pro touring/pro street mix, its big brakes, bigger wheels, but also basic interior, roll bar, no AC or stereo like most PT cars have

Gotta agree that big wheels just don't fit the late '60s A-body vibe. I'm going with 15" wheels on my '69 Dart and definitely wouldn't go bigger than 17" on any A-body.
JMO, but I'm building my Dart to what I want - not what may be defined by somebody else.

I personally think the 68 Dart in that picture looks bad *** with the big and littles on it. Don't recall seeing any 68 Darts with 20's. Anybody have some pictures to share?

-
Back