• Merlot sides -- Vanilla Cream top

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • Vanilla Cream sides ---- Merlot top

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
I have decided on the colors for my project Scamp but I would like your feedback.I will be using Merlot Metallic and Vanilla Cream from http://www.paintforcars.com I will be painting the top and sides different using the above colors but which where?Merlot on the side with Vanilla Cream on top or Vanilla Cream on the side with Merlot on the top?I haven't purchased the Vanilla Cream yet the Merlot is on the Scamp now (fenders) Yes my garage is also getting a face lift

Thanks for the feed back.I'll probably use the vanilla cream on top and Merlot on the sides

NOW as I like things a little off base I'm also considering painting the engine bay vanilla cream and painting the K member - engine and a few other parts with the Merlot. Good - Bad or ugly

Attachments

• scampfr.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 319
  • scampside.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 332
Either way will look good, but paint it the way you want.

Well everyone is right the lighter color on top will be cooler,and the color combo will look great.

I like the lighter color on top as it will be cooler but I also think it will look better

Not the same colors, just an idea, but I like the way the two colors fade together on this car (FABO member?).

Attachments

• 1966-valiant__01.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 216
I would suggest putting matching paint strips of which ever you choose for the top to slightly swirl benith th curvature of the side body lines. it would look nice if you see what I mean!

I would suggest putting matching paint strips of which ever you choose for the top to slightly swirl benith th curvature of the side body lines. it would look nice if you see what I mean!

yes I planed on some sort of pin stripe

Thanks It will probably end up being merlot sides and vanilla cream top.Now how about this as I like things a little different thinking of painting engine bay vanilla cream and painting the engine - k frame and maybe a few other parts merlot.

I saw this today and it made me think of your project, what it might look like with dark on top and light on bottom.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zxl0Z32VrI"]YouTube - ‪68 Plymouth Valiant Winner‬‏[/ame]

-
Back