Prop valve question

-

limegreen70

Pokorny Enterprise's
Reaction score
quick question I am wondering where is the best place to install a aftermarket adjustable proportioning valve I heard in front of the torsion bar cross member is that correct?

Well, that's where the factory ones were. But a lot of people like to put them up on the inner fender closer to the MC, so they can just reach in and adjust it. Although I wouldn't think you'd need to adjust it more than once, really. And you wind up running a longer line with more bends.

I put mine up close to the m/c as well. I wouldn't worry too much about the length of the plumbing.

i-dw3fvhH-M.jpg

Is this going in the rear line (as in the photo above)? Once you do adjust this, make sure you do some stops at normal braking, and then some simulated panic stops to see which end of the car locks. Re-adjust as needed; these types of prop vavles only allow an optimum setting at one pedal pressure level, and you have to find the best compromise. If you get too far off, then in hard/panic stops in the wet, one end will be locking too easily on you.

I just put my valve in today; I put it under the drivers seat, within (extended) reach while sitting behind the wheel. A lot easier than trying to locate it in the stock position, and it was easy to tap into the rear brake line at that location. Being exposed to the elements isn't a concern because I only drive it on dry days.

Attachments

• 100_5056.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 192
I just put my valve in today; I put it under the drivers seat, within (extended) reach while sitting behind the wheel. A lot easier than trying to locate it in the stock position, and it was easy to tap into the rear brake line at that location. Being exposed to the elements isn't a concern because I only drive it on dry days.
thanks that is really helpful I like your style

Ideal distance is supposedly 18" down line from the master. That said, I don't think it makes a huge difference. Mine is located further back and the knob sticks through the floor next to my seat. It allows me to adjust on a the fly if needed.

Never heard that before, not even when I was working in wilwood's Engineering dept.

Never heard that before, not even when I was working in wilwood's Engineering dept.

I read it somewhere, a pro touring forum I think but don't remember. Like I said, "supposedly". I didn't give it much credence since mine is mounted way further back than that and many folks are mounting their's virtually right next to the m/c with no apparent problems.

-
Back