Proud daddy!

-

bamamopar

Reaction score
Well tonight was my daughter's first home game of her senior year in softball. Before the game they honored a teammate that had passed away this year. Yes I cried like a baby and like most parents would. It was sad not have Erin that passed away there,but in someways she was. She would have been very proud of the way we went don't by 5 in the 1st inning. My daughter is the catcher and picked the first batter off at 2nd. Then in the bottom of the 1st doubled in 2 runs. We ended up winning 13 to 8! It was also against a bitter rival. But at the end of the game they all prayed in the field and the other team gave our girls wristbands with the girls that had passed number on them. Sorry for the long story but I'm a very happy and proud dad!
IMG_117818187898841_zps3cf5eb54.jpg
IMG_117832337998032_zps9fdb6b4c.jpg
IMG_117937425225243_zpsba5f97ff.jpg
this last pic is of our team by the sign of Erin's retired uniform.

You go Dad!!!

Congrats to your girl...Nice game!

My condolences to Erin's family. I can't imagine loosing a child that young. I definitely understand the emotion that the team must have felt, and it's great that they have each other to get thru the loss of a friend & teammate.

What a sad but great story at the same time! Out here in Saskatchewan most "minor" sports are huge! Congrats!!

Thanks guys. Her dad passed away from cancer in January as well. Before the game they brought her mom and brother out and gave them Erin's jersey framed. O and on the lighter note my wife graduated from the other team.

Bama,anything baseball rocks.. Watch the knees...( you know this...).

Kudos to your daughter for getting involved in a wonderful sport. I know you are proud.

-
Back