Proud new owner of a '73 Dart Swinger!

-

RDupont01

Reaction score
Name is Robert, and I just picked up a running, drivable, clean '73 Dart Swinger for a straight up trade on a Chevy 350 i had built for $600!! Looking to do a full restore.

Welcome to FABO! Nice score. Got any pics of it? We love pics around here. Good luck on your build.

Here is the pic I just took.

Attachments

• 69808_169147543097751_100000075203963_572203_4880082_n.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 183
nice / you got the better end of that deal/ hey mtandrews who is that in your avatar hubert sumlin? and welcome to the best site on the internet you are gonna love it here good people all around willing to help!!!!!!

wow screaming deal. 600 bills and a chebby motor. Whats in there for drivetrain. Perfect candidate for a Big Block!

You did good!
And welcome to the site!
What plans do you have for it?

GREAT CAR MAN! the first mopar I owend was a 73 swinger looked nothing like that, im loving the slot wheels some of my fav rims whats the plans for old swingy?

Please don't tell me it has a new 440 crate motor in it.:-D Very nice and welcome to FABO. MMG

It's got a freshly rebuilt 318 that runs smooth and is very clean. I'm planning on restoring the interior with some updates: bucket seats, etc. I am getting new wheels as we speak. I want to lower it about 1-2 inches and stiffen up the suspension a lot. I want it to handle some curves! Right now it "floats" like no tomorrow. Ill be picking up a 360 and slowly rebuild that while I run the piss out of the 318. I eventually wanting it to be a daily driver with 400+ HP, and be able to cruise at 75, but also be a bit snappy out of the whole. As far as paint I want to shave all chrome and go super gloss black with just the wheels being chrome.

-
Back