PST Polygraphite bushings

-

64ragtop

Reaction score
In another post, 2darts said the PST polygraphite bushings did not have the squeak issue others have reported. That's the first time I saw anyone say anything except "poly bushings squeak". OK, maybe the average poly bushings are noisy, but I'd like to know if the polyGRAPHITE ones have solved that issue. They seem to have done it for one user. Does anyone else have actual using experience with the PST product.

Also, just how much more solid do the poly bushings feel compared to the stock rubber ones. I know new rubber bushings will be lots better than what I have in the AZ Dart (which may be the originals). Noise issues aside do the poly bushings give more stable firmer handling than even new rubber ones?

ATB

BC

Poly don't flex like rubbers do and you'll have a stiffer ride which can but fixed with better shocks.

I used the polygraphite bushings, LCA and all on my 72 in the early 90's. The didn't squeak (much). A speed hump or a big dip that caused the suspension to cycle through it's whole range would make some noise, but in regular driving there was nothing objectionable.

Here at PST we have built our company on the name Polygraphite. I personally started out in customer service/tech here and never received calls concerning squeaking. I would get the occasional complaint that the ride was harsh. That I can account for as the Poly is denser than rubber so you with have a stiffer ride and you will feel more of the road. We do include in all of kits a package of lube for installation. But as for the link below saying that adding graphite to poly is as about as beneficial as throwing in dirt I disagree and to say that it weakens the bond or condition of the part is false. I am not want to call some one out. But it seems that it's this companies way of promoting their poly lube as this information can only be found under the section for their lube. I am not here to stand on a soap box but I do believe that we sell quality parts and I am willing to back them. I do apologize if this does come across as a rant in advance. But on a side note if you cross section one of our bushings you can clearing see the graphite within it.

Thanks
James

assembling with marine grade synthetic grease is cheap insurance against squeak.

Right on. I have used them before and no squeaks. The reason they do squeak for some is they either do not lube them or do not lube them properly when they install them. They come with the proper lube and if you properly follow the instructions you are good to go!

I used the PST bushing kit when I rebuilt the front end of my Barracuda last winter. I used Neverseize when assembling. Haven't had the first squeak yet.

ok squeak aside do they improve handling under hard driving conditions...if so how much

ok squeak aside do they improve handling under hard driving conditions...if so how much
I think they made a noticeable Improvement in the handling. They are somewhat harsher, but I have to admit, my front end was so worn, that I could have used bubble gum for bushings and saw an improvement LOL!

I think they made a noticeable Improvement in the handling. They are somewhat harsher, but I have to admit, my front end was so worn, that I could have used bubble gum for bushings and saw an improvement LOL!

That's about where I am, OWB. My AZ Dart "base" model is riding on what may well be the original stock suspension and steering gear. The 6" or so of slack in the steering wheel isn't so bad in grocery getting duty, but that and the 9" brakes make it a pretty scarey ride over 40-45 MPH!

I'm currently about to drop the hammer on a supplier for my suspension and disk brakes parts. I expect to hardly recognize the car when I get to drive it with the new stuff.

Here is something I ran across years back when I was into the turbo fwd mopars. You can read their opinion of poly graphite.

http://www.polybushings.com/pages/bushinglube.html

Thanks for the link, mcnoople. I did read the article, and found it to be quite self-serving. In fact, my thoughts were almost exactly the same as those that the fellow from PST expressed. This was before I read his post.

I am no kind of engineer, which is why I threw the question out in the first place. After reading the replies to my post, and following up by reading the posts in the old threads on this forum, I have made my decision. I'm going to place my order in the next few days and I will live with the behavior that my chosen product shows. Thanks to all who offered your opinions and experience.

ATB

BC

-
Back