PST Tie Rod and Sleeve question

-

Bryan bravo

Reaction score
Hi all yet another suspension question.
I ordered a front end rebuild set from PST fro my 1975 Plymouth duster with factory disc brakes, and had a question about putting in the tie rod and center link assembly together.

It appears that the ones that come from PST are slightly different in size. Being that the sleeve is longer and thicker.

I can get the new ones to barely match the old ones in length but the thread count is off.
It appears that I can only get them to match up in length by adjusting one side. The other side is already hitting the taper of the sleeve
Note: the RH threaded tie rod is on the outside where as the LH threaded ones are in the inside.

How can I install this to make the alignment shop's job easier? I want to torque down the tie rod end bolts but do not wish to do so incorrectly.

PXL_20220215_023651403.jpg

PXL_20220215_023752034.jpg

PXL_20220215_023813697.jpg

PXL_20220215_023857248.jpg

The "thread count" between old and new is irrelevant once you install different parts. The only thing that matters is that the working length matches (center to center of the TR studs). Center the sleeve on the tie rod ends with an equal number of threads showing on each side, and you're good to go as long as the working length is the same.

-
Back