PST tubular UCA too long??

-

1974scamp

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just installed tubular UCAs from PST and I struggle to set the camber.
I just wanted to pre set it so I can drive the car to the alignment shop later.
I have boxed stock LCA, adjustable strut rods, 1.03 torsion bars, stock disc brake system, car is 1974 Scamp.

First I set the front adjusting bolt as far outwards (away from the engine) as possible, then I thought I can adjust the rear adjusting bolt so far in that I get at least zero camber.

But I had to set the rear adjusting bolt fully inwards and still had positive camber, then started to set the front adjusting bolt more inwards. Now both adjusters are fully inwards and I still have positive camber. Not even thinking of 1° negative camber what I would like to have.

What am I doing wrong? Or did anybody else have problems setting the camber with PST arms?

Thank you!

Thanks for the answer, LCA bushings are quite new poly ones, just had them apart, definitely not metal on metal, they look the same as when I installed them new

Thanks for the answer, LCA bushings are quite new poly ones, just had them apart, definitely not metal on metal, they look the same as when I installed them new
Accidently swapped right & left? How do the UBJ angles look?

Maybe sent you the wrong arms? B or C body? I have no idea about dimensional differences-just spitballing.

Did you bounce the front end or roll car back and forward to allow things to settle after the adjustments? Only thing I can add to the conversation.

The only UCA that will physically fit is from an A-body. B/E, C body UCA's are all substantially wider and won't fit into the mounts.

Sounds like you've done a bunch of suspension work lately, if the car has not settled down to factory ride height or lower then you won't be able to accurately set the alignment. If the ride height is too high the camber adjustment will trend in the positive direction.

The other thing is, have you checked to see if the UCA's are sitting all the way down? Most tubular UCA's for these cars will require trimming the UCA mount back in order to allow for full travel because of the thicker profile of the arm where the UCA mounts.

IMG_2999.jpeg

It depends on the type of UCA and the car of course, the corner of that mount looks different on some cars vs others so some tubular UCA's will clear on some cars, but on others will hit that corner.

-
Back