public apology

-

1968dartman

life is getting better!!
Reaction score
To all concerned I am one of the people that was involved in the thread about Rani yesterday that was deleted. I joined in after the thread started and made a comment that was uncalled for which I regret. I want everyone one and especially Rani to know that it was not my intention to hurt anyone and I hope that everyone involved can forgive me. Perhaps it is time for me to sign off for a while to let things cool down. I will leave that up to the people involved in this unfortunate situation.

1968 dartman

To all concerned I am one of the people that was involved in the thread about Rani yesterday that was deleted. I joined in after the thread started and made a comment that was uncalled for which I regret. I want everyone one and especially Rani to know that it was not my intention to hurt anyone and I hope that everyone involved can forgive me. Perhaps it is time for me to sign off for a while to let things cool down. I will leave that up to the people involved in this unfortunate situation.

1968 dartman

i made a joke in that thread about her PM's that was in bad taste. i meant no disrespect and i have since PM'd Rani to apologize. my apologies to Rani and everyone else. sometimes i get caught up in the moment and dont realize that my comments are being taken the wrong way. i hope to hear back from her

It happens to all of us...Nice gesture, you are both stand up guys!

It happens to all of us...Nice gesture, you are both stand up guys!

Agree on both counts...I have apologized on here and that is what counts! I missed the thread, so I dunno if an apology is warranted or not, but I know Rani will appreciate this!

Fortunately, I made no comment at all. I prefer to always take the high road, which involves communicating my thoughts and opinions in a more mature and well thought out manner. This approach also allows for a more positive interaction with my fellow A Body members, you know? :)

I missed this thread or what was said towards Rani and is great you guys admitted it was wrong and apologized.

I guess it is time to just move on. From now on I will use FABO to buy & sell parts and ask for advise but I don't think I will participate in any threads. That way I can asure that I do not hurt any feelings.

I guess it is time to just move on. From now on I will use FABO to buy & sell parts and ask for advise but I don't think I will participate in any threads. That way I can asure that I do not hurt any feelings.

Don't be silly, you don't need to go anywhere.....Please stick around!

Yeah, I was thinking - what a jerk! Seriously, I never saw it, but that is a stand up thing to do. Not many people would apologize like that. My hat's off to you.

What are these weird things you call "feelings"

I think your apology is a stand up thing to do! I personally don't want to see you go anywhere as I enjoy reading your posts and comments. I read the thread you all are referring to and I thought it was done in good natured fun, but I have recently seen much worse comments on here lately directed toward a couple of our female members! One comment in particular made me want to jump through my screen and ask him what the hell he was thinking.... We are very fortunate to have such good natured gals on here, and I would hate to see them leave because of a few idiotic comments.

Please participate in threads.
Try reading what you intend to send before you send it. It might cause you to rephrase some comment so that it doesn't get taken the wrong way or it might cause you to erase it completely. I started doing this a while ago when some of my comments weren't received in the way that I had intended.

Ok I as Well missed the entire thread this is about, but John it is not worth dropping off FABO. Like Keith said, "Don't be silly, you don't need to go anywhere.....Please stick around!"

I am sure the public apologie for what ever happened is sufficient. I have said things in threads I wish I could re-cant. Life moves on & from what I have seen the FABO members are a Very forgiving & freind loving bunch of people...

just my 2 cents, but I am sure I am NOT Alone in this.

I missed the whole thread as well, but the public apology is a thoughtful gesture......
I also agree with the proof reading, especially if the said posting is out of spite, anger,jealousness, hatred, loneliness, or just joking around at someone's expense.
Just proof read and look at it from someone else's perspective. Either edit and make the necessary changes or just walk away from the computer for a little while to allow things to cool off or to think it over if you find yourself questioning whether or not to post it.
It will save you and others a lot of headaches or embarrassing situations.

I was concerned about that thread... Glad is gone and thankful for those of you that have offered apologies. Very big of you.

I was concerned about that thread... Glad is gone and thankful for those of you that have offered apologies. Very big of you.
after my "joke/comment" i went back to edit it out but the thread was gone, which im glad. i just need to remember the "shop/garage" talk needs to be left at the door before posting. im used to "talking shop" with the guys and sometimes i forget...

you better not go anywhere....i will go where ever you are and drag you back.

Agree on both counts...I have apologized on here and that is what counts! I missed the thread, so I dunno if an apology is warranted or not, but I know Rani will appreciate this!

Mr. Steve is correct ... a public apology was not required ....however it is very nice thing to do.

i did feel very hurt by that thread ....but i have also developed thicker skin by being in this mostly male hobby.
honestly it has been a struggle since the begining. when was in auto school there were a few guys there that had a problem with me.....so after i painted my car and it was drying in the paint booth and everyone left for the day, these guys decided to go back and pour chemical stipper over my car with fresh paint and write sexist and racist things against me into the car.

so point is that i have been through much worse things than FABO can dish at me.....but more than for me..... ppl need to realize that there are much younger ladies here who are much more sensative than me.

i can think of one member here, who is actually 14 and an upcoming car girl and the daughter of a member here.

if for nothing else i would hope ppl can think before they post for a young gun like that who has not seen the ugliness of the world and shouldnt have to......if i have to take BS for her then send it to me.....but its really common kindness being asked for

i can see in this thread who are gentlemen above and beyond the common curtesy

i did feel very hurt by that thread ....but i have also developed thicker skin by being in this mostly male hobby.
honestly it has been a struggle since the begining. when was in auto school there were a few guys there that had a problem with me.....so after i painted my car and it was drying in the paint booth and everyone left for the day, these guys decided to go back and pour chemical stipper over my car with fresh paint and write sexist and racist things against me into the car.

^^^^I dont know about anyone else, but that makes me want to beat someones ***. ^^^^^

They had a problem because you are a woman training for a career that is predominantly male???

-
Back