Puke tanks?

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am getting a little blow by coming out of my valve cover breather and from my oil fill cap that I think is coming out when I am in a boost situation. My dipstick stays put. I am thinking that I need a puke tank. What are the pros and cons of going that route? If the pros outweigh the cons, which one would you go with? For those that don't know, I have a 340, 6-71 blower.

Jack

I was oiling my windshield in boost, more or less a light fog. Tossed a moroso catch can on it and it’s been fine since. Think mine holds a quart and it’s way too big. Also positioned the filter to where I can see immediately if things get bad. Pretty simple setup. I believe it’s Earls that makes a push in valve cover fitting to male AN that was labeled for an LS1 and it worked great for me. No welding or fabricating, 100% bolt on and havent had an oil mist on the windshield.

IMG_6920.jpeg

I can’t think of any cons going with a catch can aside from figuring out how to plumb it into your valve covers and where to mount the can under the hood. I run a breather in each valve cover and don’t have any oil spraying under the hood or heavy blow by but recently discovered my dipstick was getting pushed out under boost. So I’ll probably plumb in a catch can.

I was oiling my windshield in boost, more or less a light fog. Tossed a moroso catch can on it and it’s been fine since. Think mine holds a quart and it’s way too big. Also positioned the filter to where I can see immediately if things get bad. Pretty simple setup. I believe it’s Earls that makes a push in valve cover fitting to male AN that was labeled for an LS1 and it worked great for me. No welding or fabricating, 100% bolt on and havent had an oil mist on the windshield.

View attachment 1716184110
Good info there. Thanks. What kind of boost are you running?

Jack

Here's mine located above my vacuum pump plumbed to both VC but I had a local place weld on the bungs.

20221204_142533.jpg

It looks to be a great deal.
Without a formal breather filter, how is the vent terminated?

-
Back