Put it up and take it out.

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Then put it up and take it out, and hoping it only takes a few times before it can go in and stay in.

It'a A500 OD fit mod and install day.

See ya. :D

Hope you decide to post some good detailed photos of this!!!! Maybe hold a ruler up in there for comparison

you're doing the A500? Mine is planned for 1st part of June, when its too hot to drive it.

Chop chop Hop Sing.

Bite me Rob. :D

It's in and even using the spool type original mount with a special mod to the OEM cross member.
The only thing I had to do to the body of the car was to cut out the loop that crosses over the top of where the cross member goes.
Now before anyone starts jumping up and down and saying that loop has to be there, on my car is does not since I have 2x3 .085 wall sub frame connectors welded to the T bar section right next to the sockets and tied into the front frame rails.
That area of the cross member is stronger than that loop ever thought of being.

Next is to connect the cooler lines with the compression union fittings I replaced in the case instead of using those slip in style that come factory on the OD transmissions.
Replace my speedometer cable (about 10 inches too short for the OD) and set up the wiring for a fully automatic OD and lockup (Ordered the kit from PATC) ouch :D but it'll be worth it to not have to screw with switches.

The trans is in with no valve body or converter, because for one it made it lighter for test fitting and I have a stage 2 shift kit coming.
The converter will go in when the 318 comes out and gets replaced with the mild built 5.9 Magnum (probably about another week or so before the motor is ready) as I am waiting for the last part to come in. (the cam).
Once the 318 is out I'll swap over all the LA accessories to the magnum and drop it in.
Putting the converter in the trans first hopefully. :D

Now before anyone starts jumping up and down
IF we still had that emoticon I was going to say - it has to be there,(green hopping dude) it has to be there,(green hopping dude) it has to be there,(green hopping dude)... see? it would have been funny!! :lol:

Wait till you hear that cam. lol

Wait till you hear that cam. lol

This mp3 file is the sound of a Dodge truck with the exact same motor and cam.
The only differences is my car is carbureted and EQ heads with Hughes springs.
It's going to scare the crap outta some of these half assed and loud little ricers around here just sitting at the stop lights. :D

I listen to it every day for motivation, :D www.classichei.com/dart/cam.mp3

This mp3 file is the sound of a Dodge truck with the exact same motor and cam.
The only differences is my car is carbureted and EQ heads with Hughes springs.
It's going to scare the crap outta some of these half assed and loud little ricers around here just sitting at the stop lights. :D

I listen to it every day for motivation, :D www.classichei.com/dart/cam.mp3

EFI tends to calm a camshaft down. lol Imagine what RobKat's carbureted 5.0 will sound like with a 218/224 110 LSA. It should be a little rowdy. I hope.

EFI tends to calm a camshaft down. lol Imagine what RobKat's carbureted 5.0 will sound like with a 218/224 110 LSA. It should be a little rowdy. I hope.

I love the sound of a little bit rowdy cam, and that's why I wanted the one I ordered and wouldn't be talked out of the 110.:D
I also saw where it was reported to add almost 50hp and close to the same in torque.

The 318 is out and stripped of all the stuff going on the 5.9
Ever see someone move an engine hoist with a motor hanging on it in gravel by themselves? :D
I grew up getting things done by myself, because my Dad was always at work during the days and both my Brothers and Sister were all to young to be of any help.
Of course that was like 45 years ago, but I have been used to doing things alone all along since.

Sorry to change topic but RRR how is the Robcat? Do you have some pics or a thread on it anywhere.

Kinda like laying railroad track?

Actually it went pretty smooth and I only had to put it up the one time, and then mod the crossmember/mount.
I have a shift kit coming for it so the valve body was out before it went in and I didn't put the converter in it because I was swapping motors before too long and could put in in then.
That made the trans about 50-75 lbs lighter for maneuvering on the install.
Pretty much just waiting on the cam now, and the motor will be ready to go in.
Probably about a week till fireup.

-
Back