Putting life into perspective

-

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
Just found out that my brother in law and my nephew were in an atv accident yesterday. The nephew seems to be okay with a bump on the head. My brother in law however cracked his skull, has bleeding around his brain, a broken clavical, and fractured ribs. They called in a neurosurgeon. I don't know what exactly happened, just his condition. My sister is a mess flying way further around the country than she needs to, probably 5 times the distance needed. Say a prayer for my brother in law, and hug those who you love.

Adding my thoughts in support of a gentle and thorough recovery for your brother in law, and comfort for you and his family.

Ters.

Sad to hear about this.
Prayers sent.
I take it they weren't wearing helmets, that's too bad.

Sorry to hear this. Things like this happen and you step back and really think about life. Don't let that feeling wear off and cherish what you have.

Prayers sent. Stay positive, today the doctors and surgeons know what to do and they do it fast.

Surgery went well. My sister said he's woken up a few times and is a smart ***! Waiting always sucks. Thanks for your thoughts/prayers.

Yup - life can suck. But not as much as the alternative. Thoughts for everyone!

He has a scan today, if it's good, another surgery today. He was awake and in pain last night, so it's so far so good. His son is doing fine with scratches and a good scrape on his forehead. My sister said he was much more mature than she thought he would be, he is 5.

They pushed his surgery back to Thursday due to higher priority cases, and he's been moved out of ICU to a regular room, so that's good news. Rehab after that. Sounds like all week at the hospital. My sister and her son are flying back to DC, then she's coming back in like 2 days. I hope she finds shorter flights!

I been lurking in the shadows, but that is very good news.

Sad thing is that a decent full face off road helmets are like $50 if you get them on discount section at helmet harbor.

I beat in my kids head always wear one, and I lead by example.

I guess you know what to buy him this year for Christmas, and your nephew too.

Sorry they're paying such a heavy price for their decision to forgo their brain buckets. Wishing them both a speedy recovery with no lingering effects.

My brother in law is on his way back to Maryland. He got kicked out of the hospital! If you are active/retired military, Tricare is a mess! Anyways he is out and going home to deal with the BS from the comfort of his own home. He has to do PT and the like. Calls to congressmen, who sadly understood the process better than the hospital/insurance idiots, have been made, emails sent, etc, to help out a 20+ year Air Force Vet. He stopped by a couple of sporting good stores to cheer him up along the way! He's got a lot of people cheering for him and I thank you all for keeping him in your thoughts. Give everyone you love a big hug today!

-
Back