PVC

-

ronw

Reaction score
My 540 has Indy Max Wedge Heads and intake with a 1050 Dominator. The Dominator does not have a port for the vacuum to the PVC. Was wondering if I could add a port to the 1" spacer plate between the carb and intake? Or other options? Thanks Ron

I think most guys running a setup like that just run the header evacuator dealies to the valve covers. Don't see many normal PCV setups on big power cars.

yes it is a perfect spot to put a vacuum fitting for a pcv . that's what I did with my 950 hp.

My hemi has a definate race engine feel to it. I wanted a pcv valve to stop condensation under the valve covers. But the tunnel ram has no ports for this. But it is plumbed for nitrous. One stage uses spraybars thru the plenum. And I'am not running nitrous right now. So I hooked the pvc to the bars. Works good. LOL.

I think most guys running a setup like that just run the header evacuator dealies to the valve covers. Don't see many normal PCV setups on big power cars.

Define big power. My 434" small block made 3 more HP with the PVC valve hooked up, no header evac.

Yes you can do it that way, or you can run header evacs. In case someone tells you they don't work on a street car with mufflers don't believe them. I'm running evacs on my 408 and have mufflers on it. To test if it really works I drilled and tapped an extra oil fill cap to install a vacuum line fitting so I could test if the evacs were working and at idle the crankcase showed 1.5" of vacuum. I revved it up to about 3500 and it went to 3". Didn't try a down the road test but it's obvious it works. Plus an evac system keeps the intake ports much cleaner than a pcv system. If you do run a pcv system to make it a little better use a "gunk" catch can in between the pcv valve and intake manifold to catch the crap before it gets into your intake and clean it out every so often.

-
Back