Quality door lock ferrules

-

oldjunk

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a quality set of the clear door lock ferrules (62-76 A-Body)? I got a set from rob1426 from an ebay auction and they were of poor quality. Do not buy these! I paid 13 bucks for about 2 cents worth of plastic...:angryfir: I was unable to snap them in. I've purchased a set in the past and they snapped right in as advertised. I just can't remember where I bought them from. They are only good for about a year or two before they crack in half. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mrMoparts has a-body stainless steel ones for $2 a piece for 72-76 and $15 a piece for 64-71.

mrMoparts has a-body stainless steel ones for $2 a piece for 72-76 and $15 a piece for 64-71.

Fred,
I have a set of the stainless. Can't seem to get those tabs bent enough for a tight fit. Trying to avoid tearing my door apart. If I can't find a good set of the clear ones I might give the stainless another try.

I can't attest to the Quality, but Dante's Parts has them. They are on my list of things to order.

I should clarify. I've ordered from Dante's and been very happy with the quality and service, I just haven't ordered the clear ferrules.

Thanks for the replies! I'll check out dante's and herbs.

My car has those smooth lock knobs and I can't seem to get them to last on the drivers side. I purchased a pair from Year One for a later year but they have to take the panel off to bend the clips over.

with the metal ones, I would think there's no other choice but to pull the panel off and flatten them out to make them tight.

I've always been pleased with buying from Dante 's.

I bought the metal ones, cant remember who from. This is what my 67 had from the factory. I havent put them on yet. I imagine like others on here said, you have to bend the tabs from behind with the door panel off.

The plastic are for metal upper door pads, and the metal ring type are for plastic are they not.I know i ordered a set from year one and they send me plastic for my 73 and were to big for the hole , bought a proper set of metal ones from e bay wored perfect , but really have too take upper and lowere panels off to get em right for sure .

My 67 cuda has metal door uppers, and it has metal ferrules. They had surface rust on them, and look like they had been there about 47 years.

I know i broke the two plastic ones i ordered from year one ,trying to get them in there was none in my car when i purchased it .After looking at others i realised that they should have been metal , but the metal may very well work in the metal uppers.

The plastic are for metal upper door pads, and the metal ring type are for plastic are they not.I know i ordered a set from year one and they send me plastic for my 73 and were to big for the hole , bought a proper set of metal ones from e bay wored perfect , but really have too take upper and lowere panels off to get em right for sure .

Never knew that. Makes sense. I've got the metal upper door pads. I didn't like the idea of metal on metal, so i didn't install the ss ferrules. Having the same problem with the drivers side ferrule...keep breaking it.

-
Back